Author Topic: The coronation  (Read 758 times)

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
The coronation
« on: March 19, 2023, 10:54:04 PM »
So it's the coronation in may. It's going to cost the UK an absolute fortune. People are being encouraged to have street parties and get together to watch this as I'll say rubbish. I mean each to their own and all that but who's not looking forward to this ridiculous pomp and hype. Bank holiday and nothing to do just because he's being crowned along with her. What a total waste of money time and effort. Will chesterfield being getting together to have street parties or will people being doing something completely different. I know one thing I won't be watching any of it or having any street party. COST OF LIVING CRISIS.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: The coronation
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 05:03:05 PM »
I don't think it will be celebrated to the extent of the late Queens Jubilee. There's a lot of people still disgruntled with Charles and Camilla
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 08:14:42 PM »
I noticed over the years most specially minted coins, when his mam was on the throne, were nearly all free {plus P&P}

HIS first commemorative coin is going to cost about £40....well someone's got to pay for the solar panels for his turnip farms!

The vast majority of his "good works" as regards the environment, to me, is B.S. plus he's already got a mini me waiting in the wings ready to replace him and that's William, personally I wouldn't turn my back on either of them.

Also it was a conspiracy to oust Harry from the family using William as the stalking horse, anyone could see that! 
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2023, 02:15:38 PM »
Our village has a Coronation coffee morning on the Saturday that's in the Methodist Church. On the Sunday there is a Coronation Show in the Village Hal.
Tupton History  Society have a speaker on the following Thursday night to give a presentation of the Kings life.
Thats it!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2023, 12:06:34 PM »
Apparently Camilla is going to be referred to as "Queen Camilla" instead of Queen consort.....well no one should be surprised I suppose when you become "King of the Britain's" you can call her whatever you like and no one will argue.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2023, 09:42:20 AM »
There are still a lot of people who just won't accept her and will only grudgingly accept Charles as King

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2023, 11:49:08 AM »
The first thing that should have happened after the queens passing should have been a referendum on the monarchy.

When the queen came to the throne it was an entirely different time than today, peoples attitudes have changed concerning the royal family and lets face it they've done themselves no favours over the past few years.
When the queen came to the throne there was still a certain mystique about the royals, they were aloof and kept everyone at arms length whilst the proles knew their place.
Over the past say 30 years or so the nation has come to "know" the royals far more than their parents and grandparents ever did and quite a bit of it has turned out not to be good. Now we see the in fighting in the family and just how splintered a family they are.

I'm sure there are many people out there that don't want this {outdated} system to continue, someone high up should have spoken up soon after the queen died before Charles got his hands on the reins.
Lets face it at the end of the day what do they actually do? it's not what you call hard graft.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2023, 08:28:15 PM »
This now means there will be THREE bank holidays in the month of May.
Just how many bank holidays do we need?

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2023, 11:26:55 PM »
More the merrier. I can have days off and pretend I'm retired (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2023, 09:55:21 AM »
More the merrier. I can have days off and pretend I'm retired (y)

That then would mean you will be busier than when you were in paid work -- :))

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk