Author Topic: Recycling  (Read 2998 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Recycling
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2022, 10:40:20 AM »
The latest update to bin emptying......

After watching the dustbin men! {sorry refuse removal operatives} just throw batteries into the my main bin I thought sod it then and I started doing the same. Also my maroon bin contains a smaller upper bin for newspapers magazines and used paper that is usually emptied into a spare bin attached to the rear of the lorry prior to the big bin being emptied. I watched them empty my bin the other day the "operative" got the smaller paper bin and just tipped the contents into MY bin then emptied it, so much for recycling!

It really is a case of do as I say not as I do. 
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2022, 11:31:11 AM »

After watching the dustbin men! {sorry refuse removal operatives}.........

That reminds me, it must be time for my glass maintenence engineer (aka window cleaner!) to visit! 😂
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2022, 11:57:45 AM »

After watching the dustbin men! {sorry refuse removal operatives} just throw batteries into the my main bin I thought sod it then and I started doing the same. Also my maroon bin contains a smaller upper bin for newspapers magazines and used paper that is usually emptied into a spare bin attached to the rear of the lorry prior to the big bin being emptied. I watched them empty my bin the other day the "operative" got the smaller paper bin and just tipped the contents into MY bin then emptied it, so much for recycling!

It really is a case of do as I say not as I do.

What a load of rubbish. Ha ha. Bin there done that.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2022, 10:32:43 AM »
Our usual bin day is Tuesdays.
Now, because of Xmas, according to the schedule the bins will be emptied the next day after a holiday but because they had 2 days holiday {Boxing day and Tuesday} a lot of people are assuming that our bins will be emptied today {Weds} so we have a good % putting their bins out today, today is one of those will they won't they days.

I'm just wondering what corner cutting exercise they are going to dream up in the new year, lets face it no one works harder!!!!

Happy new year by the way.........

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2022, 12:10:01 PM »
Our usual bin day is Tuesdays.
Now, because of Xmas, according to the schedule the bins will be emptied the next day after a holiday but because they had 2 days holiday {Boxing day and Tuesday} a lot of people are assuming that our bins will be emptied today {Weds} so we have a good % putting their bins out today, today is one of those will they won't they day

You've heard the expression "Read the small print" well on the calendar we were given about this years bin collections it says,above December, collections will be one day later after a holiday, so after 2 days of holiday it should be two days later {makes sense to me}
then at the bottom of the calendar it says No collections between Xmas and New year, my fault I know but then again this is the council were dealing with.
Our last maroon bin collection was the 13th December and now it won't be emptied till the 10th of January, that's a whole month!! so I had to empty most of it into bags yesterday and took them to the refuse site.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2023, 04:27:50 PM »
We took rubbish out of ours and daughters bins and took it to Stonegravels refuse site. I was needing to go that way for something else so it helped us a bit until collection day.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2023, 01:20:18 PM »
Continuing the bin collection saga {well I am retired}
Looking on the N.E.D.D.C. site I notice they are trialling a system where they have dispensed with the inner smaller top bin {for paper} and want you to just tip paper straight into the maroon bin along with the bottles and cans, and they want batteries, in small bags, to be just left on top of the bins.

Still I suppose it's keeping a couple of pencil pushers in work.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk