Author Topic: Petrol prices in Chesterfield  (Read 2197 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Petrol prices in Chesterfield
« on: June 20, 2021, 12:44:22 PM »
Having had diesel motors on and off for over 20 years I got myself a petrol one a few weeks ago.
 I never really studied fuel prices closely, obviously I knew where the dearest stations were so kept away plus petrol is now cheaper than diesel. I have only re fuelled this car 3 times {as yet} as I tend to just put in £20 worth at a time and was surprised at the difference in prices, I don't count supermarket fuel in with this as I tend to visit a supermarket petrol station perhaps once out of maybe 4 re fuels, or if I'm going on a long trip as I still don't really trust supermarket fuel, so keep my tank topped up with the "good stuff". I do tend to keep the Tesco shopping vouchers for re fuelling for long trips

So far I've been to E.G. on the bypass, Red House at Heath and the Coop at Nth. Wingfield. Turns out the cheapest was the Coop which surprised me, likewise E.G with it being on the bypass I would have thought it expensive but although more than the Coop was still not as expensive as Red House.
So discounting supermarket fuel I've paid £1.27p p/ltre at the Coop has anyone found better?
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Petrol prices in Chesterfield
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 12:44:04 PM »
I put some fuel in at Tesco Clay X yesterday and I paid £1:44-9p per/ltre for E10 fuel.
At the same time I got some fuel for my lawnmower {ready for Spring} E5 and paid £1:55-9p.
I cannot understand why E5 is dearer than E10 as E10 is supposedly a better mix for your car so you would think it would be dearer! it's like saying shandy is dearer than champagne, no doubt someone will explain.

The last four times I fuelled up
 The first was Coop at Nth Wingfield and I paid £1:41-9p p/ltre
The second was Tesco Clay X and paid £1:40-9p p/ltre {I drove past Esso on Derby rd from town and it was priced at £1:48-9p p/ltre}
The third was Coop at Duckmanton and paid £1:43-9p p/ltre
The fourth was yesterday.

One good thing about this is I got rid of my diesel car just in time as diesel is now much the dearer of the fuels.

Tarzan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2022, 01:55:08 PM »
When i can get E5, i use it because i get less mpg on E10. If i work it out on pence per mile, i find that it works out about the same & sometimes i'm slightly better off using E5. The main reason for this is that E10 produces less energy so reqiures more to give the same bang ? Also, due to the higher ethanol content of E10, it's more likely to absorb more water & cause issues. Unfortunately, i'm finding it more & more difficult to just drive on to a local forecourt & find the one or two pumps that may have E5 ? The only good thing i can say about E10 is that it does appear to have cleaned my fuel system, & probably the catalytic convertor as well, so when i went for the last MOT, the emissions were lower than last year, even though i had put E5 in prior to the MOT ?

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 07:47:51 PM »
According to the news petrol will be at about £1:60 p/ltre by the end of the WEEK, and it is forecast that this trend will continue for the foreseeable future.

This is why we went to town today on the bus, when I say on THE bus it was more like standing at the bus stop for half an hour till A bus showed up. Those electronic boards and timetables at bus stops are a sheer waste of time. The buses turn up whenever they like.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2022, 10:57:06 AM »
I'm sure that no-one will be the least bit surprised at this, but apparently the wholesale price of petrol has dropped by 12p a litre in the last few days, and none of the retailers have dropped their retail prices - indeed many have INCREASED them!

This situation is shameful.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 07:59:18 PM »
SO.......the Tories have dropped the fuel duty by 5p {be still my beating heart!!} and only for a year mark you!

So if a garage is selling petrol at £168 p/ltre I will get my fuel for £163 which means if I fill my tank from empty I will save a whole £2 and as I'm retired, times that by the course of a year I will probably have saved myself £60 tops, hardly earth shattering numbers, yet the oil giants won't have lost out, the money isn't coming from the mega rich oil companies it's duty they are giving us back that could be spent on other things.... like cr*ppy roads for one.

When an average motorist in a private vehicle fills up, the fuel is dead money it no longer has monetary value, it's just a way of getting from A to B, but when it's someone in business i.e. taxi drivers or other jobs using your vehicle as transport i.e. carers 5p is a smack in the gob.

Fuel duty on average is 58p on a litre then the price of the fuel is added.... IT'S ONLY THEN that they add V.A.T. scandalous!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2022, 10:18:58 AM »
I haven't filled up since my pre Covid experience so I have the pleasure ( or not) of paying more yet to come!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2022, 08:12:25 PM »
I put some fuel in at Tesco Clay X yesterday and I paid £1:44-9p per/ltre

The last four times I fuelled up
 The first was Coop at Nth Wingfield and I paid £1:41-9p p/ltre
The second was Tesco Clay X and paid £1:40-9p p/ltre {I drove past Esso on Derby rd from town and it was priced at £1:48-9p p/ltre}
The third was Coop at Duckmanton and paid £1:43-9p p/ltre
The fourth was yesterday.

Just gone through a couple of my petrol receipts.

Coop Nth Wingfield 14th May £162:9p p/ltre........8th July £193:9p p/ltre
Tesco C/C 6th June £171:9p p/ltre
Morrisons Staveley 20th July £183:9p p/ltre

That's the only trouble with petrol prices, it takes a lot longer for them to come down than it does for them to go up.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2022, 01:23:29 PM »
Asda Forest town today..............£173:7p p/ltre

Tesco Clay x yesterday.............£183:9p p/ltre

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2022, 08:03:55 PM »
Tesco Express in Newbold 171.9 yesterday.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2022, 11:45:31 AM »
They all seem to be hovering around the £1:60p mark and showing no signs of dropping significantly.

Rheged

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2022, 06:20:55 PM »
https://petrolmap.co.uk/       You can get daily updates here.
It's OK if you don't like me.
Not everyone has good taste!

smithy266

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2022, 08:40:15 AM »
but thankfully (!) , BP is showing profits...£7 billion in 6 months...

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2022, 10:16:19 AM »
I have noticed over the last couple of weeks, that Morrisons and Loggins (Ashgate) were both charging the same prices - Loggins have ALWAYS charged more.

I did notice they were selling it at 163.9ppl then, when I went to fill up the next day it had shot up to 169.9ppl! 🤬The very next day Tesco Express (Newbold Road) were selling it at 160.9ppl,needless to say they were doing a roaring trade!
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2022, 12:14:09 PM »
I went past Red house s.s. the other day and that was £160:9ppl which surprised me as they've always had a reputation for charging top wack. It was a good 8p less than Tesco C/C

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk