Author Topic: Dominic Cummings Says It's 'Perfectly Reasonable' To Think Brexit Was A Mistake  (Read 875 times)

hifimad

• View Profile
He also states anyone who was “sure” about whether Leave or Remain was right has a “screw loose" and that wether it was good or bad would be decided by history, he also says that the £350m on the side of the Brexit Bus was there simply to wind up the opposition, these statements are truly disturbing as the Brexit supporters Cummings himself included were stating as a fact that a Brexit Britain would be better than a Britain that remained in the European Union.
It is certainly a truism that so far i have yet to see or experience any of the advantages that were supposed to flood into Britain as a result of Brexit and so far i have only seen the reports of the negative impacts of brexit.
The Tory Party have in some ways been exceedingly lucky in the fact that the covid pandemic has dominated the news and thus kept a lot of the brexit pit falls out of the news.
If i was Dominic Cummings i would be laughing my arse off for doing the equivalent of convincing the turkeys to vote for Christmas by saying to them you will not end up in the oven and then after the turkeys have voted saying well yes you may end up in the oven afterall, i wonder how the referendum would have gone if the brexit supporters had said "anyone who was “sure” about whether Leave or Remain was right has a “screw loose" and that wether it was good or bad would be decided by history" it is clear that the leavers were sold a lie however the majority of the hard core leavers will never admit it even if everything goes to pot.

Sorastro

• View Profile
This is the state of politics today.....the bloke was given too much power and it went to his head.
It doesn't matter what he says about Johnson or any other M.P. during Brexit and the Pandemic, he was in the thick of it. He was either going along with what was happening by obviously not helping put things right, and now he appears on t.v. trying to convince the voters that he alone had all the right answers but no one would listen.

Politics is like the twilight zone, you can't believe everything you see and hear 90% of the time. Some new M.P.'s {of any party} over the years have genuinely wanted change for the better and have gone into politics to help do this, unfortunately they get sucked into this "political vortex" they either tow the party line {which is usually wrong} or they get sidelined as a maverick, a troublemaker. 

I've said it before, politicians seem to be incapable of doing their jobs without an army of advisers, this is because they are usually unsuitable for the post they've landed. This is why people like Cummings get high profile jobs in politics, they create the impression they are indispensable.  If you took these advisers away you would soon see if these M.P.'s are capable or not, and the answer would be not.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk