Author Topic: Labour response to Boris party  (Read 2758 times)

hifimad

• View Profile
Labour response to Boris party
« on: January 12, 2022, 02:24:51 PM »
Wihile i think that Boris and his staff have behaved shamefully i hardly think that the labour party trying to hold him to account is very honest as they are not above reproach themselves.
Following is an email i sent to the Prime Minister exoressing my disgust at the hypocrisy and double standards of the Labour Party.

Dear Prime Minister, I watched the disgusting spectacle of the labour party including my own MP  questioning you as to you breaking the rules and subsequently the law as it relates to lockdown rules in 2020, a few years ago my disabled partner and special needs son were viciously attacked by council employed security in our local shopping centre the council and their employees started covering up including lying about what happened and after these guards were prosecuted for their actions the council refused to investigate the actions of their employees until the outcome of the court case, when they did investigate they made numerous promises all of which proved to be lies including one promise to address a list of questions i had, including a question about lies made by a labour councillor in an attempt to cover up the unlawful actions of council employees, to this day those questions have been ignored, how can the labour party try to hold you to account to what they see as your rule breaking when they cannot behave in the way they expect of you, the Labour Party are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Labour response to Boris party
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 10:31:52 AM »
The people who enjoyed these so called working drinks parties are very quick to apologies but then make excuses for themselves.
As I am reading it the PM KNEW about these parties the fact that he didn't put a stop to them makes him as much to blame as those who were enjoying them whether he was joining them is yet to be found out.
Having said that HE  is the top man - their boss - so HE should have put a stop to them only he apparently didn't which to me means he is as guilty as those who attended them -
Again I find it strange that 'one of his family members has Covid'? So he is in hiding errr sorry isolation - He's used this once before in the past and I didn't believe him then!
It's too 'convenient'
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 01:20:31 PM »
boris has put the party in the Conservative and Unionist Party, it is clear he and his coterie have broken the rules that they themselves instigated and the anger of the man/woman in the street is wholly justified, that being said it is clearly a bit rich of the labour party getting on its high horse when you consider the lack of candour and obstruction of justice and abusess and criminality employed by the corrupt edifice that is a Laour Cesterfield Borough Council.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 10:21:11 AM »
I can only comment on what is being reported in the news regarding number 10 and we do have to wait until the inquiry is completed although I'm unsure that it is the right person conducting it as by all accounts she is 'not' independent from Boris.
We will just have to wait and see what comes out of it all!! 

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 05:33:16 PM »
this so called enquiry can only acertain the facts of what happened and we already know what these are, the enquiry cannot draw any conclusions as to the rights and wrongs of what occured as under the present rules that is the job of the prime minister, so boris will be able to pronounce himself not guilty of any wrongdoing.
Also i would suggest that the relaxing of covid rules has more to do with saving boris than saving the rest of us.

smithy266

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2022, 01:14:33 PM »
think you are right there....it is to save himself.....

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2022, 10:32:37 AM »
think you are right there....it is to save himself.....

Yes I would agree with that as well!!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2022, 10:45:39 AM »
What this brings into question is the M.P. that "defected" to the Labour party.

That M.P. was elected on a Conservative ticket, so technically he is betraying his constituents who voted him in as a Tory M.P. as far as I can tell you can't {or shouldn't be able to} just change horses mid stream. If he no longer wants to be a Tory or no longer wants Boris as a leader he should go through the proper channels and he should resign and fight the seat as an independent or another party.

I've got ten bob riding on Boris being gone by Spring......
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2022, 07:26:45 PM »
So it looks like John Major has added his opinion to the Boris scandal and he didn't paint a rosy picture, neither did Theresa May the other day.

What's holding up Boris's dismissal, I would guess the main thing is that pressure has obviously been put on the last influx of "new" M.P.'s after the last election to "Keep your gobs shut or else"  so virtually making sure there is no 54 letters to trigger a leadership contest, and the rest are divided into sack him camps and can't be ar*ed either way camps which obviously won't bother him as he will just get rid of the Judas's in a reshuffle.

I notice in this weeks D.T. that Lee Rowley is sticking up for him {not surprisingly} among other things he is quoted as saying:-
" Everyone makes mistakes, including those who have the privilege to serve".... true but Boris the head honcho, he cannot afford to make mistakes. 

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2022, 12:01:13 PM »
So it looks like John Major has added his opinion to the Boris scandal and he didn't paint a rosy picture, neither did Theresa May the other day.

What's holding up Boris's dismissal, I would guess the main thing is that pressure has obviously been put on the last influx of "new" M.P.'s after the last election to "Keep your gobs shut or else"  so virtually making sure there is no 54 letters to trigger a leadership contest, and the rest are divided into sack him camps and can't be ar*ed either way camps which obviously won't bother him as he will just get rid of the Judas's in a reshuffle.

I notice in this weeks D.T. that Lee Rowley is sticking up for him {not surprisingly} among other things he is quoted as saying:-
" Everyone makes mistakes, including those who have the privilege to serve".... true but Boris the head honcho, he cannot afford to make mistakes.

I'm really disappointed with Lee Rowleys response but suppose we couldn't expect anything else.

I agree we can all make mistakes and we all do but come on - The P.M who put the rules together then 'made a mistake and broke them. Rubbish!
If this proves to be factual then it was no mistake just 'My rules don't apply to me only the minions'

It's like a person stealing something from a shop then saying 'Sorry it was just a mistake' which obviously is also rubbish.

There seems to be some either jumping ship or others being pushed and now we have the Police force on the news for supposedly not doing the job they are paid for?

Anyone fancy applying to go work in parliament or the police force --------

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2022, 12:47:12 AM »
yes i would like to join the police or be a labour politician either council or an MP. however i would fail the entrance exam of all of them, as my son once said to me the trouble with you dad is your an honest burke and there is very few of em left, so that counts me out.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2022, 11:15:00 AM »
Boris has already paid one fine and there's more on the way apparently.

This afternoon he will be facing questions over the "next" fine, but it's his M.P.'s who are neck deep in the you know what!
Do they rally round their leader, meaning that they appear to condone what he has done, or do they chastise him for it and risk being blackballed or worse, force another vote of no confidence in their leader and possibly bring about an election.

Looking back on my posts I hinted both in 2020 and 2021 that Boris would be gone by the end of those years, o.k. so I was wrong but one consolation.....
If I say it often enough it will eventually happen.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2022, 08:19:32 PM »
So Boris has escaped a vote of no confidence, not totally surprised but very disappointing.

211 for..... 148 against,
Boris says this was a decisive victory, but when you consider that 54 letters are needed to bring about a vote and they couldn't muster not nearly that amount a couple of months ago and now in the space of just two to three days the target was reached and almost 45% voted against him, the writing is most definitely on the wall.

"Tan his hide to Putney bridge" I say.

wollygobble

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2022, 12:21:40 PM »
And now we have the resignation of his ethics advisor.  The last I read, he was trying to decide whether he really needs an ethics advisor to ignore, or three of them, or none at all.

Boris wouldn't know an ethic from a flying saucer.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2022, 02:39:15 PM »
Boris's stern resolution to "carry on" is embarrassing to say the least, even I'M embarrassed for him.

When you think about it though, a resignation will be seen as an admission of guilt, something he's not prepared to admit. I have said before I don't believe he wants the job anymore {especially when he can earn more for less work in civvy street}  I think he secretly wants a revolt in the party and wants the party to vote him out so he can wash his hands of the whole affair and leave the mess he and his party have created and he can spend that time screaming "Et tu Brute".

Gone by Xmas ??????

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk