Author Topic: My chesterfield accent I find it unique.  (Read 516 times)

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
My chesterfield accent I find it unique.
« on: January 12, 2023, 11:44:10 PM »
As some people now know on here I am chesterfield born and bred but now live in the north east of England ☹️😭 yes it's that bad for me, anyway the thing is a lot of people don't recognise the chesterfield accent and people say you are more Yorkshire well I mean I could have gone off It when I heard that. Yorkshire is nearly 11 miles from chesterfield and I am not a Yorkshire pudding soz to say that but it's true that is what people from Yorkshire get called but I don't say that about them, Brian turner the chef did, anyway what do other people think about the chesterfield accent.

Also one last thing when people call the crooked spire the twisted spire that gets on my nerves.

I am proud I was born in chesterfield at Scarsdale hospital and even more proud of my accent and hometown. Chesterfield till I die. God bless chesterfield and all who live there.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: My chesterfield accent I find it unique.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2023, 04:28:08 PM »
I married someone from the next village to ours and at times couldn't understand all he said as his Derbyshire accent/ words were very broad
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk