Author Topic: Google's Eric Schmidt: change British law and we'd pay more tax  (Read 781 times)

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
Whilst the big multi-nationals come under fire for not paying more taxes on the profits they make in this country, Google's Eric Schmidt calls us out for not changing the law.

Google, and others, fulfill their tax regulations as laid down by our laws and is rightly pissed off with the criticism leveled at them for not paying more. He said, "If the British system changes the tax laws then we will comply. If the taxes go up we will pay more, if they go down we will pay less. That is a political decision for the democracy that is the UK."

So where is our response? Cameron is on holiday - dubious decision considering the recent terrorist attack.

Labour leader Ed Miliband used the platform of Google's "Big Tent" event to express "deep disappointment" with the company. Miliband said: "When Google goes to extraordinary lengths to avoid paying its taxes, I say it's wrong. Well, Mr Miliband, I say that it is you that is wrong.

What a dozy shower we've got for politicians in this country.

http://bit.ly/17cXwUU
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk