Author Topic: Tesco Xmas charity cards  (Read 642 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Tesco Xmas charity cards
« on: December 22, 2019, 12:18:31 PM »
"Girl of 6 finds message from foreign prisoner in China in Tesco Charity card".

If it wasn't for the fact it's a Chinese prison I wouldn't have given it a second thought.  For decades now prisoners have had to earn their keep. In the U.S. prisoners have been in chain gangs repairing roads clearing ditches printing car number plates, most other countries followed suit, even a few years ago people in British jails sewed mailbags etc, now I believe they don't do much which is probably why the penal system is in the state it's in, it's the lack of "chores" to keep them busy that's the problem.
China, as with most Asian countries, doesn't have a very good human rights record especially when it comes to prisons, this is why prisoners here should count themselves extremely lucky they are incarcerated in a tolerant country {more's the pity}.

People here say our prisons are like holiday camps, I've said it myself on a few occasions, but they can't be like holiday camps as you have to PAY to go to a holiday camp.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

smithy266

• View Profile
Re: Tesco Xmas charity cards
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 02:28:22 PM »
I think it is rather a smack in the face for British printing companies for Tesco go to a country that I dont think even celebrates Christmas to have their cards printed. I speak as one who ran a printing business for iover 30 years...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk