Author Topic: 340 MPs get their energy bills paid on EXPENSES to heat second homes  (Read 1373 times)

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
The grasping hypocrisy of MPs claiming £200,000 in a year for their energy bills is today laid bare in a shocking Sunday Mirror investigation.

Top of the heap is a millionaire Tory who claimed a staggering £5,822 in just 12 months – more than four times the average household energy bill – to power and heat his £1million constituency home in a sprawling 31-acre estate.

http://bit.ly/1hEsdVS
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Stuart

• View Profile
Re: 340 MPs get their energy bills paid on EXPENSES to heat second homes
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 02:29:04 PM »
The Tory in the appropriately-named seat of Gainsborough claimed £3k+, while MPs in four neighbouring constituencies (Tories & Labour people) claimed nowt. Must be a fascinating microclimate in Lincolnshire.

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 02:52:27 PM »
Does it separate what is for their London home and  what is  for constituency? I would have thought former is legit but heating a country mansion isn't

Stuart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 06:11:32 PM »
They should buy New Scotland Yard when the filth move out soon; turn it into flats and make all the MPs live there. They'd love it. It'd be just like going back to public school for most of them.

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 08:22:02 PM »
Didn't they try that? Wasn't it a block something like that Paul Holmes got in trouble for moving out then back in to? Pretty sure they would say it was too big a security risk to have them all under one roof. Bad enough they have to do it in parliament itself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk