Author Topic: Premier Inn comes to Chesterfield  (Read 2115 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Premier Inn comes to Chesterfield
« on: February 29, 2016, 06:51:43 PM »
We are to have a Premier Inn with 89 bedrooms plus a Beefeater restaurant in the Old Co-Op. It's in a good spot within Chesterfield so hoping it brings in more trade for the retailers.

http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/grassroots/revealed-major-hotelier-in-chesterfield-co-op-move-1-7758849
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Premier Inn comes to Chesterfield
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 07:55:06 PM »
We've used Premier before. I highly recommend them.  (y)

I hope they do a roaring trade. Might be beneficial to the taxis. Chatsworth, Hardwick etc
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

who can tell

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 09:48:30 PM »
Will this development prompt the owners of Victoria Centre to do something with their building?. Me and my partner went past it on the opposite side of the road she commented on how run down it looks broken windows lose timber that look like their just holding on . It's no good doing the Coop up and looking smart while the neighbours  look so shabby . Yes Premier Inns are nice me and the family have stayed at the Blackpool one better value than the BBs .
Ex Newbold ex Arbourthorne, Sheffield now sunny Dronfield.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 07:41:32 PM »
Vicky Centre has been a topic of conversation for awhile along with other building like it.
I would like to see them all titivated up.
By the way WCT I hope you gave fly a wave if he was sat in his taxi on that street.

who can tell

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 09:43:50 PM »
Given all the hype over this development nothing seems to be happening to the former Coop . I catch the Newbold buses when visiting my parents so opposite from it . Is the project on hold ?
Ex Newbold ex Arbourthorne, Sheffield now sunny Dronfield.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 08:03:11 AM »
At a meeting last night - work IS going on in the background but not visible to us - so yes it's still moving

Kent

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 08:51:26 PM »
We are to have a Premier Inn with 89 bedrooms plus a Beefeater restaurant in the Old Co-Op. It's in a good spot within Chesterfield so hoping it brings in more trade for the retailers.

http://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/grassroots/revealed-major-hotelier-in-chesterfield-co-op-move-1-7758849

That makes three then if you count the old Highwayman(named as chesterfield west).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk