Author Topic: Shamima Begum and ISIS  (Read 4988 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Shamima Begum and ISIS
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2021, 08:59:20 PM »
At last.... Someone's showing some sense.......She's not going to be allowed in {yet!!!}

I saw her on the news yesterday in the camp and what a difference, she was back wearing slacks a loose top and sunglasses.

Now....... is that because she is finally no longer under the yoke of Isis oppression.....
or {as I think}, her lawyers have told her to dress like that to vastly tone down her image and give the impression she's just like you or I. No doubt they will keep appealing to the British courts until they hear the right answer!

I have never felt so strongly about a subject as I do about this one, letting her back in will be a COSTLY mistake, leave her where she is!

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2021, 10:00:43 AM »
Maybe this decision will make others wary before they take themselves off to this country.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2021, 08:32:21 PM »
[quote author=Sorastro link=topic=7188.msg46228#msg46228 date=1550411727

Trump has got a point, why go to all the trouble of fighting these fanatics just to have to let them go, I believe Barak Obama said when he was president " The U.S.A. are not going to become the worlds police" I honestly don't think it's fair to expect the U.S. to try and house and deal with all these captives as they are from many many countries so it's got to be a shared responsibility.
[/quote]

Can someone please explain why years and years of slowly eroding isis in places like Afghanistan is now being washed away by American and British troops pulling out!
I have always said isis can afford to sit on the sidelines and wait {building up their arsenal and fighters} ready to move as soon as there's a gap, that just means that all those years, all those American, British and civilian lives lost during that time was all for nothing.
It's only a matter of weeks and they have literally overrun Afghanistan {again}, with civilians in a worse state of affairs than before because these fighters will seek revenge on anyone and everyone for having being beaten back by U.S.A. and Brit forces. Just like when the Americans pulled out of Baghdad a few years ago and left them to it, it's happening again. Afghan interpreters that worked with allied forces now pleading with our foreign office to give them refuge because they will know what's going to happen, already schools are being attacked by isis because girls are going to school. Barak Obama said "We are not the worlds police" but someones got to be, someone has to take responsibility for the suffering that has {and will now continue} thanks to the withdrawal.
It's no good relying on the U.N. they are a paper tiger, they are just in an observation capacity, in other words a total waste of space.

Just what was it all for?

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2021, 11:23:56 AM »
So it would appear the Taliban are going to allow Afghan citizens that have British papers/ passports, and those who helped the British, to go to Kabul airport and be airlifted out.

Now a cynical person would probably draw the conclusion that this is just a ruse, by the Taliban, to "flush out" those that helped the allied forces and others and have them gather at the airport, this means all their "enemies" would be in one place and basically sitting ducks.

If you were one of those people, especially with a family to protect would you go??   

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2021, 10:11:01 PM »
They wouldn't do that. It's not cricket is it  ;) (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2021, 04:56:01 PM »
So it would appear the Taliban are going to allow Afghan citizens that have British papers/ passports, and those who helped the British, to go to Kabul airport and be airlifted out.

Now a cynical person would probably draw the conclusion that this is just a ruse, by the Taliban, to "flush out" those that helped the allied forces and others and have them gather at the airport, this means all their "enemies" would be in one place and basically sitting ducks.

If you were one of those people, especially with a family to protect would you go??

We will have to wait - and hope not!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2021, 08:08:15 PM »
I saw a clip of "Good Morning Britain" on the box the other day and in the montage was Shamima Begum, so today I searched on my computer for the interview. I don't think I saw all of it but you could tell she was desperate to return to Britain and when told by Richard Madeley the vast majority want her to remain were she was, she actually had the gall to say she could be of some use to the government and as good as asked Boris to let her back in. She says she's even prepared to go to jail.

Even when she was asked about the deaths of her THREE children there was no emotion there, her eyes were cold.
Apparently she could claim Bangladeshi citizenship but she said if she went there she would get the death penalty, so the ONLY reason she wants to return to Britain {yes she could end up in jail} is at least she would be safe and as I've said before now she understands what the ISIS prisoners had to endure she doesn't like it.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2022, 02:00:52 PM »
Did anyone catch the Faking it special that was on the other night concerning Shamima Begum...... I did

I never wanted her back here anyway but after watching that, even her most ardent admirers would think twice before letting her back in.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2022, 10:20:14 AM »
Missed that but no doubt it will do the rounds so I'll catch it next time!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2022, 01:41:42 PM »
Noticed the other night SB is back in the news.

It is alleged:-
Apparently due to how she was "smuggled" into Iran by what turned out to be a Canadian mole and the following lack of information between countries it looks like she may have a strong case to be allowed back.

I thought she had had her British citizenship revoked, in which case if we do end up with her back here she HAS to spend that time in jail.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2023, 01:31:34 PM »
Once again this "ISIS bride" is getting airtime/publicity in a B.B.C. documentary, when the truth is, I suspect, virtually no one is all that interested.

I for one am not interested in anything that comes out of her mouth and I'm surprised at the B.B.C. giving her airtime. You just cannot defend the indefensible.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2023, 07:46:25 PM »
We have actually just watched it.
I think she needs to stay where she is.
Anyone who can see a humans head in a waste bin and 'not be fazed' doesn't  belong in the UK

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2023, 04:08:18 PM »
So she has lost her appeal....I didn't expect anything less.

There were still people on the news yesterday saying we would be better off bringing her back {keep an eye on her etc} and they still maintain she could be of some use, at the same time rehabilitating herself.

Others say, if brought back, she would be held up as a martyr for "the cause" so no! All you have to do is leave her where she is at no cost {or danger} to the general public

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2023, 10:47:19 AM »
I also think she needs to stay there.
Returning back here she may well become a 'target'? Who knows!!
Watching the documentary about her life there I think she should stay where she is.
I understand at 15years old how impressionable and vulnerable she would have been but unfortunately we all have to pay for our mistakes in life - her family could maybe visit her there regularly??

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk