Author Topic: Telemere lodge  (Read 1853 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Telemere lodge
« on: May 08, 2020, 11:50:17 AM »
Just heard Telemere lodge in Winsick is on fire.

I'ts been stood empty a while so like all empty buildings they get vandalised or get squatters.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Telemere lodge
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 04:31:24 PM »
Not heard anything about this. Hubby has the Matlock Mercury so they might run it in next weeks.

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 08:00:52 PM »
Went passed today. Smoke damage in some upstairs windows but doesn't appear to be structural

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 12:45:37 AM »
I wonder why it was never flattened and the bungalows/houses built as per planning application ?
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2021, 12:17:58 PM »
STILL empty.......looking a real eyesore now.

At least work has started on the old house further up the road {past the Cottages pub on the same side} that's been stood empty for yonks.
Went passed the other day and a digger is clearing the ground around it, don't know if the house will be demolished or tarted up.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2021, 06:49:13 PM »
Well I was told that the land the Telmere is on has Japanese Knot Weed, so therefore none of the developers will now touch it with a barge pole (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 05:46:25 PM »
Sounds very much like no one wants to take responsibility for the land, the owners don't want the job of clearing it so it can be sold, or have to sell it at a knock down price because of it.
Same with the developers, they don't want the responsibility for the same reasons, yet whoever does finally take it on they would surely clear the land, after all no one wanted the old carbonisation plant site at Wingerworth at one time and look how polluted that land was, now there's a housing estate on there now.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2021, 10:10:11 AM »
STILL empty.......looking a real eyesore now.

At least work has started on the old house further up the road {past the Cottages pub on the same side} that's been stood empty for yonks.
Went passed the other day and a digger is clearing the ground around it, don't know if the house will be demolished or tarted up.

Walked past the other day....the old house has now gone.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2021, 11:01:42 AM »
The Telemere is in the process of being demolished.

They've been at it a few weeks now and I have heard a rumour that houses and a couple of bungalows are to be built on the site.

It's the same with the new estate they are building behind the three cottages inn opposite, the houses are not on a regular [enough] bus route {Pronto every half hour, Stagecoach every hour} so if you don't have a car it's a bit of a wait or a good walk to the shops.
The Government is trying to get people out of using their cars and yet most estates being built the people living there need cars to get about, mind you there are people out there who use their cars for every single trip even within walking distance, and they would even drive to the toilet if they could!!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2021, 01:23:01 PM »
The Telemere has gone...and the ground has been cleared.

According to sources the pub opened in 1981 and closed it's doors about 2017 so not a long life span for a pub.

Hopefully now that's gone and houses to be built on the site plus the new estate across the road the three cottages should turn out to be a real goldmine {provided they don't get greedy!}

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2022, 12:33:06 PM »
Well there's foundations and walls going up on the site so my guess is, if there's no really bad weather in the latter part of Winter, I can see these properties ready to move into by possibly mid summer.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk