Author Topic: Frogs legs and chips!  (Read 685 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Frogs legs and chips!
« on: May 06, 2021, 08:36:24 PM »
So the French are at it again........
They are very good at getting what they want...a bit like petulant children, and the maddening thing is it works!

Was it the 70's or early 80's when they started burning imported lamb from Britain, basically because it was putting a dent in their lamb sales, from what I remember our government sat back and allowed it to happen and the French government didn't exactly try to stop it . The French say what they mean and mean what they say and for the vast majority of the time they get away with it, now with this fishing fiasco it looks as though they are going to get their way again.

With the real threat from the French government Boris wants to {now he has his hands on the purse strings} lay a cable from here to jersey, roughly 100 miles to feed electricity to Jersey, lets face it the first transatlantic cable was laid between Ireland and Newfoundland in the 1800's so here to Jersey should be a doddle, that should settle one threat.
Also if I were the Jersey fishermen I would put a large banner on every on of the Jersey boats and all it would show is a LARGE Union Jack and two LARGE figures 1939 TO 1945.
The French seem to have this uncanny knack of wanting their cake and eating it, a case of what's yours is mine and what's mine's my own.

Having said all that at the end of the day this is what comes of having British dependancies so far away from our shores. Look what happened with the Falklands, thousands of miles away from our shores and a stones throw away from Argentina, likewise the Channel islands, the Commonwealth is old hat now.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk