Author Topic: Covid  (Read 2052 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Covid
« on: December 14, 2021, 12:18:35 PM »
here we are again, nearly Christmas and thrown into uncertainty by Covid restrictions.
Back to front as usual here with everyone promised their booster early - and no back up arranged for the people who are doing the vaccination's.
Merry Christmas everyone!! Bah Humbug -  :(
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Covid
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 02:36:39 PM »
WE went shopping to Tesco C/Cross yesterday and I saw 4 people NOT wearing masks..........

And the annoying thing about it was they were ALL members of staff!!

Aren't staff in shops supposed to set an example? and if not why not?
It's people like them plus the badge wearing {I'm exempt} wallas that's going to keep this pandemic going into the next decade.   
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 10:46:34 AM »
We use Tesco Clay Cross and came across this before with some not wearing masks.
I can't wear a mask but compromise with a face shield.
When I'm transporting daughter and PA's face covering is worn and I open the front two windows slightly.
It doesn't do to get too blasé.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 07:10:42 PM »
WE went shopping to Tesco C/Cross yesterday and I saw 4 people NOT wearing masks..........

And the annoying thing about it was they were ALL members of staff!!

Aren't staff in shops supposed to set an example? and if not why not?
It's people like them plus the badge wearing {I'm exempt} wallas that's going to keep this pandemic going into the next decade.

Just read in this weeks D.T. that, according to the "spotted Clay Cross" site people are up in arms over Tesco staff not wearing face masks and they've received numerous complaints.
Tesco management it seems still doesn't seem to be doing anything about it, they just repeat the mantra of customers must wear masks, so it's a case of do as I say not as I do.
They will if their staff start dropping like flies and we are back to long queues at very few checkouts. 

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2021, 08:02:50 PM »
Following on from the above...
I called in my local shop today for a couple of things and looking about me whilst at checkout I counted at least a dozen people in the shop, including staff and myself, and I was the ONLY ONE in the shop wearing a mask!!

Absolutely disgraceful.......

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2021, 01:25:22 PM »
as regards mask wearing since the last locdowns both me and my family have continued to wear masks when in shops and including restaurants and pubs before being seated and will continue to do so.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2021, 01:32:03 PM »
as regards mask wearing since the last locdowns both me and my family have continued to wear masks when in shops and including restaurants and pubs before being seated and will continue to do so.

Same here when in doors and if in a busy area outside.
I'm still scratching my head about the possibility of a two week type of lockdown after Christmas  :-?
What is that all about -
Go out there and mix, catch it then stay at home in isolation??

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2021, 06:39:12 PM »
Guess what - on the buses we can't enforce it (again), I don't have to wear one because I'm behind the protective screens. Yet I wear one (as stipulated Company policy) catching a bus to & from depot, e.g. leading by example hoping customers follow suit.
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2021, 07:06:53 PM »
 Before anyone says it yes I'm still here.Just not visited for a while...Keep it wise folks and follow your instincts in terms of safety and infection. I have had both jabs & the booster so hopefully will be ok. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you All  MD

You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2021, 09:59:42 PM »
Called in Tesco C/C today....nice to see the staff finally wearing masks APART FROM ONE!!

You know the old saying "There's always one"

I've said it before now I'm shouting it from the rooftops:-

There should be NO exemptions to wearing a mask, I don't care if your nine or ninety, I don't care if you have asthma or not, not interested if you have breathing difficulties or not, if your out and about mixing with other people "WEAR A BL**DY MASK" or stay home!!
To anybody out not wearing a mask I encourage every person they meet to, just in passing, say "Where's your mask?" and hopefully after the fiftieth person has said it in less then five minutes, every time they venture out, it might just sink in.
One other way is if girls on checkouts, in say Savers or the Pound shop, instead of saying "Would you like some mars bars today" or whatever overstocked out of date item they are trying to shift, should say "Would you like to purchase a mask today"

Before anyone starts, due to a VERY serious "illness" I suffered as a small child I have spent my whole life with a bad chest and breathing difficulties. Then if that wasn't enough over forty years ago I ended up with asthma and it continues to this day..........
So if anyone SHOULD be exempt from wearing a mask it's me....but I do what's right, It's far from ideal and it's really uncomfortable and I dislike wearing one intensely but I do wear one.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2022, 04:09:11 PM »
I can't wear a mask for any length of time but at least the face shields are an alternative although disputed as to how effective they are. It's better than nothing though and yes we are again  limiting how often we shop ( but we are shopping ourselves this time).
 Roll on Spring!!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2022, 11:33:02 AM »
Tagging on to this post, concerning Novak Djokovic what do you think about this Australian mess.

My opinion is he should never have been allowed in in the first place, he is using the excuse that because he recovered from the infection a few weeks ago he's o.k. to travel without vaccinations.....if true it's the craziest statement I've heard since Rees Mogg said you can't get Covid from your friends.

When they knew he was coming {and they've known a good while as it's an annual event} they should have sorted all this BEFORE he even boarded the plane, in other words not allowed in until he passed all the medicals, everybody else has too.

Last year in one of the Covid posts I hailed Djokovic and his wife for spending on much needed P.P.E. for his home country, now over this fiasco he has gone down in my estimation.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2022, 07:15:27 PM »
Well...... he's finally on his way home, and not before time, he's been there over a week. Just how long does it take to say yes or no?
At least he didn't make a big hoo-haa about it, he accepted the ruling and got on the plane.

He's due in Indian Wells in a couple of weeks. The Americans have stated ANYONE not inoculated CANNOT enter the country......
so we'll see how THAT goes!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2022, 10:23:30 AM »
Tagging on to this post, concerning Novak Djokovic what do you think about this Australian mess.

My opinion is he should never have been allowed in in the first place, he is using the excuse that because he recovered from the infection a few weeks ago he's o.k. to travel without vaccinations.....if true it's the craziest statement I've heard since Rees Mogg said you can't get Covid from your friends.

When they knew he was coming {and they've known a good while as it's an annual event} they should have sorted all this BEFORE he even boarded the plane, in other words not allowed in until he passed all the medicals, everybody else has too.

Last year in one of the Covid posts I hailed Djokovic and his wife for spending on much needed P.P.E. for his home country, now over this fiasco he has gone down in my estimation.

I agree with you on that, from my understanding he has strong beliefs about putting anything into his body so he is going to come up against this again isn't he.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2022, 08:14:55 PM »
This is what I can't fathom O.C.

If he has "strong beliefs" about what he puts in his body...how is he allowed to FLY!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk