Author Topic: Cold weather obviously this topic started when it was cold. Lol  (Read 464 times)

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
Cold weather obviously this topic started when it was cold. Lol
« on: December 12, 2022, 10:11:19 PM »
Omg it's so cold. I've never liked the cold not ever but I don't like the heat either, yes I'm a bit weird when it comes to the weather. Anyway the snow has arrived and once again this country comes to a stop yet other countries just get on with it. If kids can't go to school in the snow, I mean I remember sat in Brampton junior school with a coat on and no heat and we never got sent home. We had to just get on with it. Now though the kids get to stay off then go out for hours in the cold to play in it, if that is the case then why not give them some school work for at home. Cold weather payments for people due to the weather being so cold and for so long but how much does that help a bit maybe. Anyway I hate the cold and it's so cold. How is everyone coping with this cold weather. I hope that you are all trying to keep warm in the best way possible.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Cold weather obviously this topic started when it was cold. Lol
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 12:32:14 PM »
Our heating is kept on at 16deg which is enough for us if it remains on 24hrs. Mind you we are just under £500 in credit - but I'm sure that will be dwindling now!
Our village is operating a warm drop in network 5 days a week. A warm building free hot drinks and biscuits/cakes - some provide soup and a roll. There's also the chance for company for those who are lonely
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
Re: Cold weather obviously this topic started when it was cold. Lol
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2022, 08:41:11 PM »
My mum puts the heating on once in a morning for half an hour to one hour and the same at night. In between that it's a blanket. Also at night to save on having the lights on when watching TV we have flameless candles In the room. It's actually quite good. I don't mind watching TV without the lights on because you get the light from the TV anyway.  That's not about heating when it comes to the lights though obviously. Ha ha.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk