Author Topic: Mr. Bates versus the Post Office  (Read 702 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Mr. Bates versus the Post Office
« on: January 09, 2024, 11:05:37 AM »
Firstly that was one hell of a fine drama...and obviously true.

This drama brought to the forefront the biggest miscarriage of justice seen in modern times. This four hour drama highlighted what did,or more importantly what didn't happen, over the past twenty some years. The millions spent by the P.O. on fancy expensive lawyers to get convictions using any means at their disposal {i.e. mainly lying}.

What's going to be the outcome.......when compensation is finally paid the taxpayer will automatically foot the bill as the P.O. is owned by the Government. It looks like Fujitsu will walk away from this scot free as no one seems to be haranguing them for compensation let alone an apology, not only that since this debacle began Fujitsu has secured many more contracts with H.M.G. including the tax and pensions departments.
Trying to understand the P.O. to a degree when all this kicked off and the length of time involved, my guess is once they had started the ball rolling with all these postmasters/mistresses they were going to see this to the very end, and they had the resources to enable them to do that. I believe their aim then {and still} is to dig and dig till they can actually find someone who could possibly be seen to have been "dishonest" and that would then be the catalyst that would exonerate them, a sort of "We told you so moment".

As ever we shall have to wait and see.......still safe in the knowledge that Fujitsu is looking after our pensions!!!!!!
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Mr. Bates versus the Post Office
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2024, 05:43:20 PM »
At least Paula Vennells has returned the CBE (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2024, 08:05:30 PM »
At least Paula Vennells has returned the CBE (y)

A small triumph indeed, but to those involved I suspect little comfort.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2024, 12:38:52 PM »
All of a sudden everybody is getting wound up about this scandal, i have been following this since 2011 and it was clear then that the post office was lying and covering up, the same as any other of our institutions.
If you are confronted with any of our institutions you need to ask one question, and the question is not is this institution corrupt, rather it is how corrupt is this institution, i can give you cast iron examples of corruption by the Police, Child Protection Services, the CPS, the NHS, Social Services, and the Borough Council and the lies told by certain Councillors including lying to our local MP and these examples are just the tip of the iceberg.
Why does it take a TV drama before people in power will take notice, there should be questions about that as well

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2024, 09:12:25 AM »
It's highlighted it hifimad, putting it into the drama gained peoples attention far more than newspapers would. As you say it was a fine production and certainly got me cross.
I signed the petition against Vennels, and hope that these innocent people are given the compensation they are owed!!
Of course the cost of stamps may well go up  :P ;D
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2024, 09:49:50 AM »
Update There is now a petition for Alan Bates to get a recognition for his hard work over the years to get thus sorted out

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2024, 07:15:24 PM »
Update There is now a petition for Alan Bates to get a recognition for his hard work over the years to get thus sorted out

Apparently O.C. he WAS going to be given an honour but turned it down because of Vennells having one.

As I pointed out about what's happening in Europe mainly between Israel and Gaza and Ukraine, a certain thing will only stay to the fore until another "incident" takes it's place. I guarantee that within a couple of months the Horizon scandal will be relegated to a small paragraph on page 20 of your local rag and another "scandal" will have taken it's place.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2024, 08:10:09 PM »
I don't care about tabloid news just as long as  the work carries on in the background  to get the compensation and clear their  names.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk