Author Topic: The Russians are coming...  (Read 3390 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
The Russians are coming...
« on: February 13, 2022, 12:59:32 PM »
So it would appear Russia is not very happy with European states joining N.A.T.O. and are doing their utmost to stop the Ukraine from joining and the only way Putin can see to stop that is invade Ukraine and make it a Russian enclave.

The U.S. is sabre rattling in a big way, daring Russia to step over the line. Both sides appear to be spoiling for a fight, Britain has tried, and failed, to calm things down by sending of all people Liz {cheese} Truss to talk to her Russian counterpart and he basically sent her away with a flea in her ear and I don't blame him, a child of three has a better negotiating strategy than Liz Truss, she has as much diplomacy as a dead frog and even I knew it was a bad move to send her on such a delicate mission and her Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov must have thought Britain was taking the p*ss by sending her.

Putin is not stupid..... he knows that the West are making assumptions as to what his motives are and he's letting them. Apart from not wanting any more N.A.T.O. countries bordering Russia he knows he has the upper hand in any negotiations that follow. Unlike most countries in the West that vote every few years for a new leader, Putin is in the position of not having his presidency challenged and those that do challenge him usually find, to their cost, that it was a big mistake so basically he has a free reign, but he doesn't have the backing of the vast majority of the Russian people.
As for Liz Truss she ought to get a job stacking shelves in a supermarket somewhere because she's clearly not cut out for the job she has been given and if the worlds security IS dependant on people like her then God help us all.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: The Russians are coming...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2022, 08:17:01 PM »
After the invasion started Zelensky has been on t.v. to appeal to the West for help.

I can understand his frustration, he want's help NOW.
Watching him on t.v. you can clearly read between the lines, he is saying the West is all talk and very little action, and I totally agree. Take Biden for example, what he wasn't going to do if Putin invaded.... but when he did there has not been a peep from him, in fact him and the missus have b*ggered off to camp David for the weekend, as someone pointed out.........
"Well he is 79 and senile so he's probably forgot all about it".

Sanctions do and will work, given time, unfortunately the Ukraine hasn't got time and is going down the pan fast.

Colonel Gaddafi, Saddam Hussein, Idi Amin, Pol pot, Hitler I thought we had left tyrants like these back in the last century, now we find ourselves having to face another nut job in Putin.

IMHO
 If left unchallenged Putin is not going to just stop at Ukraine.   

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2022, 03:24:10 PM »
Watching Putin on Tv one last week I got the impression he has 'detached' himself from what he is doing. He needs medical help !
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2022, 07:53:57 PM »
From what I can gather on the news Ukraine are claiming to have killed hundreds of Russian soldiers.

If true, and with other stories of the Russian invaders circulating, it would appear Putin did not sent in his crack troops. He was obviously under the impression this was going to be a doddle so he's apparently sent in young inexperienced conscripts, cannon fodder if you will, and it's backfired badly. It would seem these young lads don't want a war they just want to go home.

They know it, the Ukrainians know it, the West must have figured it out by now. Those soldiers are not stopping fighting because a worse fate is awaiting them back in Russia if they dare to go home.

The Wests only hope is that the Russian people turn on their leader before he gets out the big red button.   

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2022, 08:51:52 AM »
Did you noticed Boris's face yesterday when the lady had 'a go' at him for not helping by sending troops in - I thought he was going to cry.
I suppose the reality is if Troops are sent in from other nations we then really will have WW3  -
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2022, 09:04:16 AM »
Did you noticed Boris's face yesterday when the lady had 'a go' at him for not helping by sending troops in - I thought he was going to cry.
I suppose the reality is if Troops are sent in from other nations we then really will have WW3  -

Yes I did.... it's quite obvious he's not used to being talked to like that plus as I've pointed out on previous posts he is very uncomfortable with live interviews because he can't think on his feet.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2022, 07:52:47 PM »
Apparently Putin had the gall to come on Russian television today to mark "International women's day".

I thought Boris had no shame but he could certainly take lessons from Putin.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2022, 07:52:09 PM »
It might be just me but.....
 It seems our government has to be repeatedly shamed into doing something before it gets done, and even when they do finally "leap" into action you have to be on their case every minute.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2022, 11:43:00 AM »
From what I can gather on the news Ukraine are claiming to have killed hundreds of Russian soldiers.

If true, and with other stories of the Russian invaders circulating, it would appear Putin did not sent in his crack troops. He was obviously under the impression this was going to be a doddle so he's apparently sent in young inexperienced conscripts, cannon fodder if you will, and it's backfired badly. It would seem these young lads don't want a war they just want to go home.

They know it, the Ukrainians know it, the West must have figured it out by now. Those soldiers are not stopping fighting because a worse fate is awaiting them back in Russia if they dare to go home.

The Wests only hope is that the Russian people turn on their leader before he gets out the big red button.

It seems that Russia has started to hint that all is not going well. The sanctions must certainly be biting but even I know more could and should be done quicker. I read that their national airline Aeroflot  "rents" most of their fleet and the companies that lease them want them back but it's proving easier said than done.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2022, 10:17:48 AM »
Although sanctions are having an effect on the Russian economy there are countries that are still pouring millions of roubles back to Russian banks.
When they first invaded I was under the impression that we were heavily reliant on Russian gas so days later they would switch off the tap and we would have no gas. As it turns out we only import 4% of our gas from Russia, but it's countries like Germany that rely heavily on Russian gas that are filling the Russian coffers, a bit of a dilemma for them obviously but it doesn't help Ukraine.

Putin underestimated the Ukraine's resolve and it's been a bloody nose for him, this war may now become a face saving exercise for him so now is the chance for Zelensky to try to reach a peace settlement.

How's it all going to end, your guess is as good as mine, but however it pans out Putin is now the worlds pariah and hopefully the Russian people won't let him forget it.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2022, 12:20:28 PM »
How's it all going to end, your guess is as good as mine, but however it pans out Putin is now the worlds pariah and hopefully the Russian people won't let him forget it.

The problem there, is that the Russian media is so heavily censored, that normal people don't realise that the information they're getting is what Putin wants the people to believe, and is not necessarily anything even near approaching the truth.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2022, 07:38:47 PM »
You know the old saying..........

You can fool SOME of the people ALL of the time
You can fool ALL of the people SOME of the time
But you can't fool ALL of the people ALL of the time......

Sooner or later it will catch up with him, lets hope it's sooner.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2022, 11:32:12 AM »
In the Donbas region it seems to be nip and tuck with ground being lost and gained on both sides.

The Ukranians are putting up a stiff resistance but are short of weapons as the allied countries don't seem to be equipping them fast enough.
I think the turning point will be when Biden supplies them with long range missiles, these apparently are to be supplied on the condition that they are just used on short range targets.......yeh! like that's going to happen.

The first missile launched into Russian territory will be the signal for Putin to pound Ukraine with everything he's got under the pretext that "Ukraine has invaded Russia so we must defend ourselves".

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2022, 01:51:44 PM »
Now it appears the U.S.A. and China are squaring up to one another over Taiwan.

Not to be left out I think we should invade the Scilly isles and threaten them with our 1 ship, 3 aeroplanes and 4 tanks.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2022, 02:37:35 PM »
Now it appears the U.S.A. and China are squaring up to one another over Taiwan.

Not to be left out I think we should invade the Scilly isles and threaten them with our 1 ship, 3 aeroplanes and 4 tanks.

😂
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk