Author Topic: Covid  (Read 1151 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Covid
« on: March 17, 2022, 07:06:06 PM »
I have finally been got at by the virus!

Very un pleasant - a bit like having a rotting animal up my nose  :-?

My main concern the first two days were not being able to care for my six Hedgehogs but I managed ( this was all I did manage)
I think I got of lightly compared to some and although still testing positive I'm starting to feel better.

Would I be worried if I got it again - not if it was like this time as it was manageable, but it's always a gambled with this orrible virus  >: >:
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Covid
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 05:31:49 PM »
Hope you cleaned your hands before you came on the forum  8)

Hope your soon back on your feet  ;)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2022, 09:55:16 AM »
It's not been too bad Fly a bit rough at first but some get it worse - still positive after 10 days though!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 10:14:17 AM by Old Cruser »

smithy266

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2022, 10:05:08 PM »
So have I! waited two years for it! Was in North Yorks on a walking weekend, one of  a group of 11...and we said that it was surprising none of us had had the virus: blow me we all tested on Monday, and 6 of us had caught it! It's nearly as bad as Manflu

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2022, 10:17:16 AM »
Daughter has it now, so I'm taking a step back for a couple of days just in case I have picked it up again. I was with her Tuesday and she tested positive Wednesday. Don't want to spread it around as there are some who may become really ill with it

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2023, 11:23:10 AM »
Daughter rang last night.........she has Covid AGAIN!!......this is the THIRD time she's come down with it.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

wollygobble

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2023, 05:57:41 PM »
My wife and I have both just had it for the first time.  It seems to take everyone differently.  For me at its most active the worst thing was the headaches, and now in the aftermath I'm left with catarrh, dog's breath and brain fog.

I know several people who have had it at least 3 times.  The "natural immunity" that we are supposed to acquire doesn't stop us catching it; it just stops it being dangerous.

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2023, 07:52:41 PM »
I've not had COVID but I've had strep throat and I had it a few weeks ago. It was horrible and it can kill you if you don't get treatment. It's worse for children but adults can get it as well. It's something that I never want again.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2023, 08:30:00 PM »
I've not had COVID but I've had strep throat and I had it a few weeks ago. It was horrible and it can kill you if you don't get treatment. It's worse for children but adults can get it as well. It's something that I never want again.

I have the distinct impression I've just had that! It started with me spitting blood one morning about a fortnight ago and on checking my mouth found the roof very red and blistered on one side and it hurt whenever I swallowed, I put it down to the fact I had eaten the day before and had put a piece of very hot food in my mouth and it had burnt the roof of my mouth, but I was still struggling 3 or 4 days later, luckily it's gone now but if it ever comes back I will certainly seek medical advice.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2023, 10:43:18 PM »
I was given antibiotics and it's done the trick in clearing it up. So pleased to hear that it's gone but if it does return please go the doctor asap won't you. This message for sorastro

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk