Author Topic: Plans for wew builds on the former Chezzy Hotel.  (Read 947 times)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Plans for wew builds on the former Chezzy Hotel.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 10:17:11 AM »
They need to concentrate on attracting more businesses into the town.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 01:56:14 PM »
I drove past yesterday and the site has been totally cleared and levelled. How long before it's invaded by the travelling community?
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 12:19:46 PM »
I read in last weeks D.T. that they got onto the 5 pits trail at Corbriggs and started chopping down trees to make room for the caravans, as usual the police literally stood by watching, basically because the police are frightened to death of these travellers, well lets face it there are probably more gypsies in Derbyshire than bobbies.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2022, 12:35:25 PM »
Read in D.T about the new estate on Ankerbold rd Tupton the building company has gone bang. Why doesn't the Council take it over and finish building them and sell them and put the profit back into the community. or even just rent them out.

These "new" estates are springing up everywhere, there's a big one underway between Staveley and Duckmanton plus virtually every week in the D.T. there's talk of new housing on different sites so somebody must have some money somewhere.

I'm amazed the travellers haven't found the old station hotel site yet, they could really make nuisances of themselves if they were let loose in the town centre. 
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 02:14:02 PM »
Read in D.T about the new estate on Ankerbold rd Tupton the building company has gone bang. Why doesn't the Council take it over and finish building them and sell them and put the profit back into the community. or even just rent them out.

These "new" estates are springing up everywhere, there's a big one underway between Staveley and Duckmanton plus virtually every week in the D.T. there's talk of new housing on different sites so somebody must have some money somewhere.

I'm amazed the travellers haven't found the old station hotel site yet, they could really make nuisances of themselves if they were let loose in the town centre.

I rarely comment on things like this but -
The Ankerbold Road issue is complex. We should have had some kind of report yesterday at the District meeting but it was altered due to the fact that the meeting had already been going for four hours.
The report will be reported as soon as a meeting can be arranged. I can't say how long that will take though!!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk