Author Topic: Andy McDonald blames the BBC for Corbyns Defeat  (Read 1007 times)

hifimad

• View Profile
Andy McDonald blames the BBC for Corbyns Defeat
« on: December 16, 2019, 01:40:51 PM »
Andy McDonald blames BBC bias for Corbyns Defeat, it did not take long before Corbyns supporters got round to apportioning blame, i have done no electioneering on behalf of any party but just talking to people i know it became obvious to me that Labours biggest handicap was Corbyns leadership and his ambiguous stance on leaving the EU, its an easy get out to blame the BBC, having said that i am anti BBC but not for any imacined or trumped up accusation of bias, i think the BBC is an anacronism and has been given a blank cheque by successive governments to tax the general population for their increasingly irellevant output wether people want it or not, i myself do not want or need the BBC and i resent paying the licence fee for nothing i cannot get elsewhere usually of a much better quality.

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Andy McDonald blames the BBC for Corbyns Defeat
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2019, 11:01:10 AM »
Andy McDonald blames BBC bias for Corbyns Defeat, it did not take long before Corbyns supporters got round to apportioning blame, i have done no electioneering on behalf of any party but just talking to people i know it became obvious to me that Labours biggest handicap was Corbyns leadership and his ambiguous stance on leaving the EU, its an easy get out to blame the BBC, having said that i am anti BBC but not for any imacined or trumped up accusation of bias, i think the BBC is an anacronism and has been given a blank cheque by successive governments to tax the general population for their increasingly irellevant output wether people want it or not, i myself do not want or need the BBC and i resent paying the licence fee for nothing i cannot get elsewhere usually of a much better quality.

I too share your sentiments on the B.B.C. the way they lambasted Boris for picking and choosing his interviews and especially the one with Andrew Neil {that never happened}. This is why, now Boris is firmly in power, is going for the B.B.C.'s jugular, he is planning to decriminalise not paying your licence fee to the Beeb, also virtually banning any interviews with Radio 4.
In this day and age with worldwide coverage by multiple t.v. companies the B.B.C. licence fee is a luxury we can well do without, some may say it's value for money, I don't see it myself, especially over the scandal of the top earners at the B.B.C. Take Laura Kuenssberg as a typical example minimum salary £250,000 per year,
Also Gary Lineker cracking on for almost £2 million a year, mind you being an ex footballer this would probably be a drop in salary, but it still means he won't have to take his family to a food bank.
Huw Edwards £500,000 per year for just reading the news {be honest there's no particular skill needed reading from an auto cue}.
Andrew Marr £390,000 per year for a couple of hours on a Sunday and I personally don't think he's all that good at it,
 It's just silly money...... AND WE'RE PAYING FOR IT!!!

Going off in a tangent.........
This is why society is in the mess it's in now, everyone wants barrow loads of dosh for doing next to nothing, the younger generation, or as I  like to call them the beautiful people, want to live like film stars but don't want to get their hands dirty, and is there any wonder when you see things like Tamara Ecclestone having £50 MILLION quids worth of jewellery stolen from her 70 MILLION pound home just as they had jetted off to Lapland for Xmas with their 5 year old daughter in a private jet, {that must be one hell of a job she's got}
O.K. her dads got a few bob, so he's probably chipped in and helped with a few bills [!]  and no doubt the loot was fully insured. I never thought I would say this but I have absolutely no sympathy with her or her ilk, if people like that are going to drink a bottle of Champagne that would take probably 3 weeks wages of a "normal" person to buy then I believe she deserved everything she got. She also could have put her daughter in danger, just imagine if they had been home when the theft took place!
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2019, 12:51:16 PM »
re Andrew Marr he's no Robin Day or Brian Waldon is he?.

Tarzan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2019, 08:07:26 PM »
Well at least he has something to fall back on, when he eventually gets the message  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk