Author Topic: Our house is all done up for Halloween  (Read 1013 times)

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
Our house is all done up for Halloween
« on: September 03, 2023, 11:03:58 PM »
Just had to say our house is now all done up for Halloween. On september 1st me and my mum got the Halloween stuff out and decorated the front room the kitchen and the dining room and it looks absolutely fantastic.  Just love Halloween it's so much better than Christmas.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Our house is all done up for Halloween
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2023, 12:44:15 PM »
Blimey you are early. We have a Halloween Party planned again in our Village Hall
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2023, 07:10:41 PM »
Blimey you are early. We have a Halloween Party planned again in our Village Hall
I love Halloween and it always goes up early in our house. I've just got a Halloween table cloth today. Hope you enjoy your party when it comes around.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2023, 09:41:40 AM »
I won't be at the village party. Unfortunately the young autistic person I used to take found it too much with the children running noisily around. She enjoyed it for the first couple of years though.

I do generally buy a Pumpkin for 'the night' and make it visible so the children know they can knock for treats.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 09:44:03 AM by Old Cruser »

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2023, 08:31:45 PM »
Does anyone know if there a Halloween equivalent of "Bah humbug"?
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2023, 06:47:31 PM »

:)) :)) :)) To be honest it's not something I'm really interested in, I believe it's come from America.
I try and keep up with the times though ,and the children love it so I join in by offering sweets and putting the Pumpkin out lit up with nashing teeth for them to give them some pleasure.
Around our area they tend to only go where there's a welcome light on which is the decent thing to do.
I put a poster in my daughters window saying 'no trick or treat' as she can't keep getting up to answer her door.
Never had any issues yet!

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2023, 03:16:17 PM »
I won't be at the village party. Unfortunately the young autistic person I used to take found it too much with the children running noisily around. She enjoyed it for the first couple of years though.

I do generally buy a Pumpkin for 'the night' and make it visible so the children know they can knock for treats.
Autistic people can still go to places I was told to just get on with things.  We had to go through school and I got no special anything from no one and didn't expect it either. We get told to do more not be wrapped up in cotton wool. don't pick this comment up wrong either

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2023, 03:18:29 PM »
Autistic people can still go to places I was told to just get on with things.  We had to go through school and I got no special anything from no one and didn't expect it either. We get told to do more not be wrapped up in cotton wool

I believe in choices and respect what the young person wants. The welfare system has been unfair to some for a few years now - I understand what you are saying

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2023, 03:28:06 PM »

I believe in choices and respect what the young person wants. The welfare system has been unfair to some for a few years now - I understand what you are saying

Are you replying to me.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2023, 03:30:28 PM »
Are you replying to me.

Yes - your quote was on the top of what I typed

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2023, 04:00:23 PM »
[/quote.

Why reply to me 

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2023, 04:09:45 PM »
[/quote.

Why reply to me

It's a forum it's what we do -  reply to each other

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2023, 05:14:40 PM »
yeah in the mirror

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2023, 06:59:57 PM »

if only my posts get deleted and no one else's then this forum is no more for anyone. Don't you understand DISCRIMINATION.
What you are the only one who gets a choice then is that how it works on here. No way mate.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 07:02:11 PM by Chesterfield 4ever »

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2023, 07:18:00 PM »

It's Fredrick's ice cream that is in queen's park. How much do you know about chesterfield. Not a lot by the sound of you. The pool went ages ago and they built the swimming baths up boythorpe. Monks used to be up boythorpe as well. You see old cruser I know my stuff when it comes to my hometown even when I don't live there anymore not out of choice though. Trebor was the factory that my dad was a department manager of. He worked his fingers to the bone to get the department up from the ruins at one point. It was then Cadbury Bassett and it was closed in the year he committed suicide 2005. He drowned when I was at work and I had to come out of work and see the police standing over his body. Anyway I know my history of chesterfield.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk