Author Topic: Our house is all done up for Halloween  (Read 1012 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Our house is all done up for Halloween
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2023, 07:29:41 PM »
It's Fredrick's ice cream that is in queen's park. How much do you know about chesterfield. Not a lot by the sound of you. The pool went ages ago and they built the swimming baths up boythorpe. Monks used to be up boythorpe as well. You see old cruser I know my stuff when it comes to my hometown even when I don't live there anymore not out of choice though. Trebor was the factory that my dad was a department manager of. He worked his fingers to the bone to get the department up from the ruins at one point. It was then Cadbury Bassett and it was closed in the year he committed suicide 2005. He drowned when I was at work and I had to come out of work and see the police standing over his body. Anyway I know my history of chesterfield.

It's good that you know the history of Chesterfield.
I know the paddling pool has gone. I played in it as a young child. I also know the ice cream is Fredricks but not having visited the park for a long time I wasn't sure if they were still there.
I also remember Trebor and the sweet smell which came from it. Also Robinsons factory. Both were good for employing workers in the Chesterfield and district area
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2023, 07:39:47 PM »
It's good that you know the history of Chesterfield.
I know the paddling pool has gone. I played in it as a young child. I also know the ice cream is Fredricks but not having visited the park for a long time I wasn't sure if they were still there.
I also remember Trebor and the sweet smell which came from it. Also Robinsons factory. Both were good for employing workers in the Chesterfield and district area
yeah I also went in qp both with my dad and mum. I went on the train with my dad and brother and me and my brother fed the ducks when I was young. My next door neighbour told my mum not to take me and my brother to qp though because it wasn't safe for mother's to go on their own because of who would be hanging around who should not have been.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2023, 07:53:28 PM »
yeah I also went in qp both with my dad and mum. I went on the train with my dad and brother and me and my brother fed the ducks when I was young. My next door neighbour told my mum not to take me and my brother to qp though because it wasn't safe for mother's to go on their own because of who would be hanging around who should not have been.

Oh dear I haven't heard of that. I used to enjoy feeding the ducks. We used to take a ball to play with as well on the grass.

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2023, 08:37:02 PM »
Oh dear I haven't heard of that. I used to enjoy feeding the ducks. We used to take a ball to play with as well on the grass.
Haven't you that's because you didn't live near my next door neighbor when I was in chesterfield. It's true though woman who had children were told not to go to qp because it wasn't safe.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2023, 08:41:58 PM »
Haven't you that's because you didn't live near my next door neighbor when I was in chesterfield. It's true though woman who had children were told not to go to qp because it wasn't safe.

Pronably!

Did you used to go into the small sweet shop across the road from the Queens Park?
We did.
The shop is still open but I don't know if it's still a sweet shop

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk