Author Topic: Mental health services  (Read 784 times)

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
Mental health services
« on: December 22, 2022, 10:30:09 PM »
Mental health services. What is the point in them. You go to an appointment when after months and months of waiting to tell the people what your mental health is and these people in the job just sit there looking at you. They know nothing about the mental health yet they preach about helping people. What is people with mental illness supposed to do then.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Mental health services
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 10:48:20 AM »
I can  only say I understand just what you are saying. It's farcical.
They are really struggling with little staff who from my experience supporting someone over 3 years doing the 'rounds' of M.H. support just can't cope.
The person came out of it with a 'diagnosis' but not much else.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2023, 10:06:33 PM »
14 months now waiting for help from a mental health service in Northumberland and all they have done is pass me from service to service who them services can't do anything to help me. How can a health trust keep telling a person that they are going to help them but after 14 months they still haven't provided any treatment any appointments any care plan any anything. I was then told my human rights have been breached because the health trust didn't help me when I kept asking for help. What is a person meant to do.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2023, 12:20:37 PM »
14 months now waiting for help from a mental health service in Northumberland and all they have done is pass me from service to service who them services can't do anything to help me. How can a health trust keep telling a person that they are going to help them but after 14 months they still haven't provided any treatment any appointments any care plan any anything. I was then told my human rights have been breached because the health trust didn't help me when I kept asking for help. What is a person meant to do.

Have I read in one of your posts that you are on the autistic spectrum. If so try your nearest autism society they may have support in your area whilst you wait

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2023, 09:02:22 PM »
Have I read in one of your posts that you are on the autistic spectrum. If so try your nearest autism society they may have support in your area whilst you wait
They at the service said about autism then they are not sure. Just because they called me intelligent (yes I was educated at Brampton junior school manor and Newbold green it makes me more intelligent I know), but these people at mental health services say what they want and don't care. I have more labels from them at the mental health service than the Heinz company has.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2023, 12:32:11 PM »
They at the service said about autism then they are not sure. Just because they called me intelligent (yes I was educated at Brampton junior school manor and Newbold green it makes me more intelligent I know), but these people at mental health services say what they want and don't care. I have more labels from them at the mental health service than the Heinz company has.

That has to be wrong!
Saying that Autistic people are not intelligent is awful.
It obviously depends on where the person is on the spectrum and if there is any diagnosed learning difficulties.
I really don't know how making that statement that can be justified  >:(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk