Author Topic: Harrison family, Chesterfield  (Read 1135 times)

Stuart

• View Profile
Harrison family, Chesterfield
« on: June 29, 2013, 04:35:16 PM »
Mods - please move if it shouldn't be in here.

I am trying to trace the indirect family of Frank Harrison, tobacconist, who died in Chesterfield in 1920. He had two daughters: Mary Jane, who married a solicitor named George Thomas Short, and Mabel Florence, who married an architect & surveyor named Charles Herbert Wagstaff.

Short died in Sheffield in 1927 and may have had some connection with the family that had the shot-firing business on Sheffield Road.
Wagstaff died in Chesterfield in 1967.

My interest? I once saw an article in a well-old Derbyshire Times that said that Frank Harrison had been associated with the Chesterfield FC for a long time and had kept meticulous records of the club's history. I would very much like to know if such things still existed! Short was also, I think, the last financial secretary of  The Chesterfield Town FC, and the solicitor who presided over the voluntary liquidation of that club in 1915, and I want to find out if any records of that club - minute books, and the like - still exist.

Any remaining family will only be distant relatives, and not blood-related to Frank, since I believe both his daughters married so late as to die without issue (or at least, without any that I've found.) It's a long shot, but long shots often win "Goal of the Season!"

Cheers

Stuart

Slacker

• View Profile
Re: Harrison family, Chesterfield
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 06:06:00 PM »
Worth posting on Old Chestefield Pics on Facebook. Quite a few people on there have a generl interest in local history

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk