Author Topic: Vodafone paid no corporation tax in Britain last year  (Read 3437 times)

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
Vodafone paid no corporation tax in Britain last year
« on: June 07, 2013, 07:49:39 PM »
Chief Executive got £11m pay in the last financial year.

Generous tax breaks mean second largest mobile phone company able to reduce bill to zero for second consecutive year.

The firm made a £294m operating profit in Britain last year, but was able to transform that into a loss.

"Vodafone, the world's second largest mobile phone company by revenue, paid no corporation tax in Britain last year. The blue chip company has distributed £4.8bn in cash dividends to shareholders in the last 12 months – more than any other British business – but generous tax breaks mean it was able to reduce its corporation tax bill to zero for the second consecutive year."

We must be soft in the head letting them get way with this.

http://bit.ly/10W7O7K
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Kent

• View Profile
Re: Vodafone paid no corporation tax in Britain last year
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 08:33:06 PM »
Is there a larger list than this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2287216/Revealed-One-UKs-companies-pay-tax.html

and if so, can we start our own.
we could spend our money, taking the list into account.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 08:41:26 PM »
Nice one Kent.
Doesn't it beggar belief !!
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 06:59:06 PM »
So all the govs are hitting 'Little Got Jack Sh*t' to make up the monies it needs to run a country.
Probably the same country the money grabbing politicians are directors of these firms  :-X

Another good post Kent  ;)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 11:52:51 PM »
The issue is that technically they are doing nothing illegal. The claim is always that if we tighten up the rules they will take their money and investment in the UK to another country that will play ball on tax. Unless every country has the same tax rules it's never going to work.
Kent will appreciate that its the same with football. If say the Mancs decide tomorrow that they will sell Shrek clubs like Real Madrid and Barca can offer him much better personal terms because income tax rates in Spain are lower than in the uk.
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 01:37:18 PM »
If there was more publicity about the worst tax avoiders then the public may decide to use a rival company, though I would find it difficult to match Amazon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk