Author Topic: bus fares  (Read 4135 times)

karl1981

bus fares
« on: February 02, 2012, 08:44:52 AM »
why is it people around chesterfield moan about how much it cost to get to town. i used to live in the south and what you are paying up here on bus fares is nothing compared to down there. here you get a 3.80 day rider and you you can go from one side of town to the othere and back as many times as you want all day. where i am from 3.80 may get just a single to the nearest town which is about the same distance as where i live now to chesterfield.

mycul

• View Profile
Re: bus fares
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 07:07:50 PM »
What's a bus fare?
I get mine for free.
Dons flak jacket and metal helmet and ducks.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 08:01:09 PM »
The vast majority of buses now have clean floors since the issue of tickets is now superflous - Senior Citizen cards simply scan and no ticket issued.Tickets issued to fare paying customers only (who should get first choice of seat as they are paying for their travel - thats another issue - not going there)!
Shows you who was littering the floors of the buses in the first place. Yep, the OAP's who complain more than anyone else, yet were happy to chuck their tickets on the floor despite the bin provided.
Disgusting - they can ride free virtually all day yet happily litter the buses.
It's about time the free travel scheme was amended so that OAP's pay at least the same fare as a child.
* getting in to My Nuclear bunker now - I'll come out when the bombs stop going off*

If you know me, you'll know most of this is tongue in cheek, nevertheless valid.

:P
You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 11:40:04 PM »
Said this before 'in another place' but I remember a friend of mine saying that his mum and auntie had been to Bakewell on a bus.
When he asked why the hell they had the reply came
Because it's free!!!!
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 06:41:42 AM »
Maybe free us fares is preferable to having a lot of elderly drivers on the road

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 10:15:19 AM »
The last time I took a trip into town on a bus it was taking a ride on the wild mouse, came off feeling very squiffy!!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

simondjuk

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 01:15:02 PM »
I think theres a massive contrast here and comparing the 2 is unfair.

London is a capital city and Chesterfield is a town. (how many of you didnt know that?!) and comparing the fares between the 2 is completely out of contrast.

TFL also run the underground (which Chesterfield (to my knowledge)) doesnt have so fares are going to be higher to support and run both systems.

Im sure I could get some comparisons as my sister in law is a tube driver.
Im a bomb technician.  If you see me running, try and keep up

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 02:09:05 PM »
Dons flak jacket and metal helmet and ducks.

That's cruelty to ducks - makes call to RSPCA!  ;)
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 05:02:44 PM »
That's cruelty to ducks - makes call to RSPCA!  ;)

yes - am wondering if they caught that taxi driver who ran the duck over at the station???
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

~Aitch~

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 02:43:53 PM »
In reply to Scimitar .....

How about if they did away with bus passes for OAP's and, when they reach 60, just lined them up against a wall and shot them??  It would save a lot of unncessary bother for the drivers.

Whilst we're on the topic of bus drivers, do you think that stagecoach should amend those signs at the front of the busses so that they say .... "Only drivers' friends are allowed to stand forwards of this sign and chatter to the driver nonstop on journeys?"

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 03:15:56 PM »
Fight! Fight!
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 07:07:18 PM »
In reply to Scimitar .....

How about if they did away with bus passes for OAP's and, when they reach 60, just lined them up against a wall and shot them??  It would save a lot of unncessary bother for the drivers.

Whilst we're on the topic of bus drivers, do you think that stagecoach should amend those signs at the front of the busses so that they say .... "Only drivers' friends are allowed to stand forwards of this sign and chatter to the driver nonstop on journeys?"

In response to your first paragraph - don't be silly - I'd have to be shot in 7 yrs time. Maybe you would agree with that or perhaps even sooner!
In reponse to your second paragraph- I could'nt agree with you more. A driver got the hairdryer treatment from one if the inspectors this week for this exact thing. Trouble is some passengers try and do it as well. I tell them to sit down as it could get me in to trouble.

Any more questions Aitch?

You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

~Aitch~

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2012, 11:31:45 PM »
Not at the moment thanks, Scimitar.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk