Author Topic: Tory Lord suggests disabled workers 'not worth full wage'  (Read 884 times)

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
Tory Lord suggests disabled workers 'not worth full wage'
« on: October 15, 2014, 01:31:43 PM »
The Conservative Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Work and Pensions suggested there was a group of people "who were not worth" the minimum national wage while answering questions at a party fringe event last month.

After being asked by a Conservative councillor about the disabled and the National Minimum Wage, Lord Freud replied:

"Now, there is a small…there is a group, and I know exactly who you mean, where actually as you say they’re not worth the full wage and actually I’m going to go and think about that particular issue, whether there is something we can do nationally, and without distorting the whole thing, which actually if someone wants to work for £2 an hour, and it’s working can we actually ... "

– Lord Freud

What an evil toss pot he is...

Why do the rich so desperately want to hurt the poor and infirm? Nasty Party!

http://bit.ly/1w2eoqR
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

ironsky2

Re: Tory Lord suggests disabled workers 'not worth full wage'
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2014, 07:11:00 PM »
What can you expect from a neo nazi government sorry I mean Tory government who got rid of DLA and made sure its hell to get ESA pay that worthless scum £2.00 a hour
problem is they aren't even worth that. Hail Cameron! >:(

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2014, 09:39:17 PM »
The Conservative Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Work and Pensions suggested there was a group of people "who were not worth" the minimum national wage while answering questions at a party fringe event last month.

After being asked by a Conservative councillor about the disabled and the National Minimum Wage, Lord Freud replied:

"Now, there is a small…there is a group, and I know exactly who you mean, where actually as you say they’re not worth the full wage and actually I’m going to go and think about that particular issue, whether there is something we can do nationally, and without distorting the whole thing, which actually if someone wants to work for £2 an hour, and it’s working can we actually ... "

– Lord Freud

What an evil toss pot he is...

Why do the rich so desperately want to hurt the poor and infirm? Nasty Party!

http://bit.ly/1w2eoqR

-- and there we have it !
The real thoughts of how these people view the disabled population.
The reason 'why' the ESA form is set to trick and confuse people - because 'they are not worth it'
So we are told the remark was aimed at those with Mental Health Problems, the people who already feel worthless and in despair.

What they 'should' have been saying was lets look at this situation and try to 'help' these people regain their self worth.

Maybe now those who have been spouting about what nonsense this has all been, will open their eyes and ears. >:(
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Scimitar

• Global Moderator
  • Chezzy's Number One Bus Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2014, 11:47:47 PM »
Toffs in charge & sod the serfs.
Pathetic isn't it? Just because your "disabled" doesn't mean that you can't fail to be hurt & let down by his pompous comments!
Another classic case of an upper class berk completely out of touch with what goes on in real life day to day. :o

You only have one life, so live it & love it, & more importantly LOVE YOURSELF!

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 01:00:07 AM »
What he said
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 11:07:32 AM »
Having supported a Y/P with mental health issues ( not my daughter ) over the last year which is still ongoing for diagnosis, never the less we are moving forward and there is definite improvement.
 I am hoping the Y/P hasn't picked up on this as this last years hard work may well go tits up.  >:(
Looks like I have to pay a visit !!

Maybe things are starting to be clearer as to why the ESA assessment form is so difficult to fill in - is it maybe so they can introduce a lower than the minimum wage for people who are not worth it!

Having shut down centers where disabled people could go to take part in certain activities and a few years back I think the West street Day Center ( now closed ) was used for some of our disabled community to actually take part in some packing of sweets. This would have given them self worth as well as some type of work to take part in.
That was terminated years ago, long before my involvement with West Street, which is why I can't add more information - maybe someone else can?
Also Remploy has gone - bad move!

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk