Author Topic: Sh1t and same pot come to mind !!  (Read 3531 times)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Sh1t and same pot come to mind !!
« on: July 25, 2012, 07:46:37 PM »
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
Re: Sh1t and same pot come to mind !!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 09:23:17 PM »
Ahhh... Mr Blair.

One the best Tory MPs this country has ever seen.
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 09:28:41 PM »
Thatcher's son. Never liked the bloke, never said a good word about him.
New labour ! Pfff

Minimun wage, OK
Tax credits, OK

Rest of it, naahh  :-X
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

k4blades

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 10:09:34 PM »
Minimum wage.....drove costs up and widened the gap between rich and poor.

Tax credits.....an extremely inefficient and wasteful way of redistributing money that penalises people who leave benefits to go to work, but at least creates lots of civil servant jobs.

Credit where credits due?

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 07:17:43 PM »
Minimum wage: Stopped the exploitation of the workers being paid peanuts ?

Working tax credit, made me £27 a week better off. How does it penalise people who go back to work.
It tops up their pay ?

chesterfieldchris

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 08:29:37 PM »
POST DELETED AT USER'S REQUEST

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 08:40:03 PM »
I don't think lowering the national basic wage for everyone so that employers don't have to be careful who they employee is a good idea. It merely gives unscrupulous employers the right to pay ridiculously low wages without breaking the law.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 08:56:52 PM »
The type of workers that are exploited, are exploited regardless of minimum wage rules.  Those employing illegal immigrants take no notice of minimum wage, and the workers can hardly complain otherwise they get deported.

That I can agree with.

As for the rest of it, I do see your point.

@Pete.
If there wasn't a basic wage, unscrupulous employers could still pay jack.
If the workers aren't illegal, they'd still have rights as Cchris points out.
Not about the wage, but every other H&S issue they could grab  :(

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 09:00:42 PM »
A simple legal document drawn up for a month's trial should sort that I would have thought.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 09:04:42 PM »
I would have thought that was mandetory nowadays, a no reason for, but we can if we wish, terminate your contract.
At our leisure.

Didn't smaller companies use to do this 2 years before the employee had worked for them.
Saved the company redundancie payments.

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 09:08:24 PM »
I've employed dozens of workers in the last 22 years and only once had a problem. A worker started taking days off because they were fed up. After 3 or 4 weeks of production going down the tubes, I hired a legal bod to sort it. Cost £85 as I remember.

k4blades

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 08:10:26 AM »
Minimum wage: Stopped the exploitation of the workers being paid peanuts ?

Working tax credit, made me £27 a week better off. How does it penalise people who go back to work.
It tops up their pay ?

Minimum wage stripped out competition and levelled out everything for those at the lower end of the employment scale so no incentive or reward for doing a good job for a good employer. It makes us uncompetitive against the Chinese company who pay someone £5.00 a day to do the same job, and though it might make you  better off compared to previously, thats not the point as it has driven up prices, so in real terms you are not better off, which is why the gap between rich and poor increased significantly under Blair.

Tax credits, the more you earn, the less you get so again penalised for doing a good job, etc. This is especially the case with child care as I posted recently. One of the reasons for introducing tax credits was to help with child care costs which are massive, and for millions, the biggest cost after mortgage. In our case, child care is not much less than the mortgage.
If you work more hours, you need more child care, so your costs go up. But if you work more hours, you earn more money so your tax credits go down, consequently, you end up with less money for working more hours, leading many to think they won't bother. Don't go to work, you don't need to spend anything on child care, and because your income is less, they pay you loads.
On top of that, its extremely inefficient, complicated and massively abused with millions paid out every year incorrectly.
If they got rid of tax credits and just did it through the income tax system by reducing the tax rate, your £27.00 would cost the Govt £27.00, as it is, it probably costs them about £30.00

Germany's economy is out performing most of Europe, but they have gone through years of austerity since reunification. One of the most popular schemes was a scheme that employers and employees could opt into. The employee would get a much higher tax threshold, I think it was about £12000, so they could earn that much and not pay any tax. But in return they waive all their employment rights meaning they could be sacked at the drop of a hat. Which the employer likes as it cuts their costs. Consequently the employee would want to keep the job, where they are taking home more money, so would work hard, not pull any sickies, etc, so productivity increased, making the German economy as a whole much more competitive...everyone's a winner.
Introduce such a scheme in this country, your having a laugh, to much "can't do" attitude.

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 06:49:47 PM »
I think Germany's success might have been helped by the money poured in by the "victors" after the war.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk