Author Topic: George Osborne is now Government's most disliked MP  (Read 5667 times)

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
Re: George Osborne is now Government's most disliked MP
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2012, 11:23:34 PM »
At the risk of repeating myself, "Why don't you just contribute to the discussion?

Why do you just use new threads to have a pop at me?

Don't you have an opinion on current political events?

Newsnight tonight had debate on it, so it's a valid topic.

But you aren't capable of having a rational debate, you are obsessed with me and my views - you don't know me, you know fuck all about me and my life.

You need to relax and calm down, you're just making a fool of yourself, IMHO
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

chesterfieldchris

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2012, 11:44:15 PM »
POST DELETED AT USER'S REQUEST

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2012, 12:01:21 AM »
Good answer - point taken.

But what if they did the poll on a Sunday?

Just kidding. :)

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2012, 07:04:42 AM »
Didn't see the source of that poll but the biggest ones seem to be the online YouGov which presumably rules out the poorest people from participating

k4blades

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2012, 08:55:35 AM »
At the risk of repeating myself, "Why don't you just contribute to the discussion?

Why do you just use new threads to have a pop at me?

Don't you have an opinion on current political events?

Newsnight tonight had debate on it, so it's a valid topic.

But you aren't capable of having a rational debate, you are obsessed with me and my views - you don't know me, you know fuck all about me and my life.

You need to relax and calm down, you're just making a fool of yourself, IMHO

At risk of repeating myself:
1) I have started topics but you haven't contributed....maybe you think I should only post threads you agree with.

2) You seem to keep having a pop at me on the number of topics I post. Please show me where in the rules it states a member must post a minimum number of times. Also, I may not post the most, but I don't think I'm the least either. So change the record. Also, as I mentioned, I happento have a business that is very busy at times so have less time on my hands than maybe you, would you rather I didn't post at all. Get over it!

3) You posted this thread, I responded. So how can you say

3) You posted this thread, I responded, then you ask  me if I have any political views. Answer, yes I do, and in some cases they seem to match yours and in others they don't. Difference being, my views are based on facts, not biggotry.

4) No, I don't know anything about you Pete, but you have repeatedly posted threads where you use phrases such as "posh boys", etc, and knocking The Tory leadership because of their wealthy backgrounds. Your posts suggest you don't like them for this reason. I may dislike them too, but it is based on their policies and an understanding of economics, not the fact that they went to a posh school.

5) Please tell me how many members this forum has? Last time I looked, only 3 people had voted on the silly poll that has been set up. Why haven't you set up a poll about the silly comments George Galloway makes. You are entitled to your political views, as I am mine. If you don't like mine, tough, but the whole point of a forum is to have open debate / discussion, isn't it. And not everyone is obsessed with spending their time Tory bashing. But if you think it is me that is obsessed with you, you are wrong.....the conclusion many would come to is that it is you that is obsessed....with Tory bashing. What threads have you actually started that aren't about Tory bashing. So maybe its you that should have a lie down!

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2012, 01:11:40 PM »
No hiding the fact there are a lot of (inherited) millionaires in government who have no idea what it is like to struggle by on a low income. Even on the Labour party there is becoming too much of a trend for career politicians. Needs more like Skinner who can relate to the people he represents.

k4blades

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2012, 07:29:29 PM »
There does seem to be an issue on the forum at the moment between me and Pete, so I would like to see if we can draw a line under it and move on.
Pete started this thread aiming critisism at Osborne and I replied with this comment:

Yep, but some of us base our judgements on policies rather than the fact that he went to a posh school and had a posh up-bringing.

to which Pete got very defensive and started going on, (again) about the numbers of threads I start or something.

Anyway, we can put this matter to bed quite easily.
Pete, do you dislike Osborne because of his posh up-bringing, etc?

If the answer is no, then I whole heartedly apologise for my comment above, but maybe you could explain some of your earlier posts where you have attacked him for that very reason.
If the answer is yes, then why have a go at me for saying so, why not be big enough to admit thats how you feel.

I don't understand why you are constantly looking to pick a fight with me, and I'm made to look like the bad guy just because I disagree with your views Pete. Instead of trying to pick a fight with me, why not debate the issue raised, and answer the questions raised. So is the answer to the above question yes or no, was I right or was I wrong. Please tell. 

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 07:43:10 PM »
In my occupation I pick up a variety of different people, from dole wallers to TV personalities.

Guess who I detest the most, those that think they were born with a silver spoon in their mouth,
the ones that think they are above everybody else !! Why the attitude and down the nose stare.

Pete's opinions are his own, if he doesn't like posh people that's his perogative.
Why should he have to defend his own perogatives to you ?

There's other forums, every one might have people on it you don't agree with.
Are you going to ask them to explain their 'whatevers' to you  q?
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2012, 08:52:32 PM »
1) So what? Am I obliged to respond to every one of yours, or anyones, posts?

2) I don't keep having a pop at you on the number of topics you post - find them and prove me wrong.

4) The ONLY TIME I mentioned posh boys was when I quoted Dennis Skinner - http://chesterfieldonline.org/index.php/topic,1110.msg6084.html#msg6084

5) The poll news was from the Daily Telegraph and I put it in FUN STUFF - cos I thought it was funny.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2012, 09:09:08 PM »
End of.

If someone doesn't like the forum the way me and Pete run it,
the doors that way ------>  or is it that way <-------   :-*

Just close it after you've left  ;)

Just for the record, Pete 'does' have the permission to ban users. He choses not to use it.
His perogative  ;)

Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk