Author Topic: Julian Assange  (Read 3595 times)

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
Julian Assange
« on: August 20, 2012, 03:40:47 PM »
What are folks' opinions on this matter? Should he be sent to Sweden? Allowed to go to Ecuador?
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

k4blades

Re: Julian Assange
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 04:46:56 PM »
Why shouldn't he be sent to Sweden, he's accused of rape and sexual abuse in a country that is well respected around the world for its human rights, and he's "taken ayslum" in a country that is well known around the world for its civil abuses.....not my words really, its the kind of thing that was said in wikileaks.
Just because he conned  some daft luvvies with more money than sense to stand bail for him for his "leaks", doesn't give him the right to avoid justice for anything.
America is not asking for his extradition.
The UK, and more so Sweden, would not extradite if the death penelty was a possibilty, as some claim. 
He made his name spouting on about liberty, freedom etc, and doing so, maybe put at risk the lives of servicemen, let alone national reputations, but when it comes to himself, he thinks he alone can sit in judgement.
What a hypcrite.
And now its the British taxpayer picking up the bill.
I wish the cost of all this policing could be passed onto those idiots who stood bail for him, then next time they might think more carefully before they choose their friends.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 04:55:47 PM »
If he's nothing to hide, why seek asylum  ::)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Stuart

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 05:59:04 PM »
Sweden for me. Having extradited him from the UK, I believe they couldn't extradite him to the US without first asking our permission. And if you think that'd be easily given, why haven't we just sent him off to the US ourselves?

I wonder if there's room in that embassy for Gary McKinnon?

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 06:22:43 PM »
>> Why shouldn't he be sent to Sweden

I never suggested he should or shouldn't be. I merely asked a question. You started the usual right-wing rant.

>> he's accused of rape and sexual abuse

When he was there and the allegations were made, he contacted the police and offered to be questioned. He even stayed there for a few extra days for the police to interview him, but they didn't bother. No actual charges have been made. Both women went to bed with him consensually in the first place.

>> in a country that is well respected around the world for its human rights

Do you think the Americans wouldn't perform one of their "extraordinary renditions" on him? They have done that hundreds of times - all totally illegal and against international law - yes, believe it, the Americans think they are above the law and do as they please.

>> America is not asking for his extradition.

They say not, but stories of Assange being indicted before a secret Grand Jury are starting to filter through - but I don't know if they are true.

>> maybe put at risk the lives of servicemen

No. All sensitive information was redacted before publication.

>> let alone national reputations

They get what they deserve. They slag off loads of countries and their politicians in secret cables - serves them right. Caught out by their own ineptitude. Did you know that this "secret information" was available to hundreds of thousands of people? Not exactly "top secret" information was it? The trouble with some American politicians is that they believe that US citizens are as bent as they are.

My opinion? He should face questions about the incidents in Sweden, but in the UK. They had their chance - why did they insist he goes to Sweden?

It's America's attempt to destroy Wikileaks so they can go about their sordid business in secret. Look what they are doing to Bradley Manning - not exactly innocent until proven guilty as they claim.

*Donscrashhelmetandruns*

k4blades

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 06:35:38 PM »
Pete, I did consider posting this topic before, while you were away, I assume you are back now.

Your response is exactly why I didn't, I get bored with your nonsense. If you can't be bothered to deal with facts, I can't be bothered to correct you. And why do you suggest everyone who disagrees with you has a right wing agenda.
Are you suggesting that Jeffrey Archer shouldn't have stood trial for his mis-demeanors becayse of other things he did which could be seen as good, such as charity work, I doubt it,
Complete bollocks, what Asenge did or did not do with his leaks is not the issue, he is accused of rape, full stop, nothing more , nothing less, and he should stand trial for it, just like I would, just like you would.
Just because you have some sort of anti amewrican agenda, it doesn't give him the right to avoid justice in a well respected country....and maybe if you changed the record in a while more people would post more topics because its completely boring.
Some of us know the difference between right and wrong, and don't make excuses that fit in with our political beliefs.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 06:50:48 PM »
You hardly ever start topics - and as I said, I merely asked the question "What are folks' opinions on this matter? Should he be sent to Sweden? Allowed to go to Ecuador?"

You started the rants, not me.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 07:04:39 PM »
Latest from the Guardian, from Google.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/aug/20/george-galloway-julian-assange-rape

Me thinks send Assange to face trial, and tell Galloway to shut up before someone decks him Tw*t !! IMHO

Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 07:14:45 PM »
Shame you don't like Gorgeous George.

Here, watch this, its only two or three minutes long.

George Galloway vs. U.S Senate (5/17/05)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 07:20:09 PM »
He might be right in what he says in theat clip.
But saying sex with a sleeping woman doesn't constitute rape, come on !!

Different news paper's report about Assange
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2191041/Julian-Assange-latest-reality-show.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Still makes me feel like he doesn't want to face trial, or have the CIA really made it all up ?
Chicken, egg.

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 07:40:01 PM »
Must admit I feel a little uneasy about the Swedish thing. But if you saw the list of charges brought against Galloway by that American Senator maybe you would see them in a different light. I'd mention Bolsover lad Richard O'Dwyer but don't want to start another argument...

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 07:57:12 PM »
IMHO
Richard did nothing wrong.
Galloway took a step to far.
Assange is hiding something.

Me done on this  :-X

k4blades

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 08:42:20 PM »
You hardly ever start topics - and as I said, I merely asked the question "What are folks' opinions on this matter? Should he be sent to Sweden? Allowed to go to Ecuador?"

You started the rants, not me.

Bullshit.
You asked a question.
I asked a question.
Then you said
You started the usual right-wing rant.

I said that as he's accused of rape he ought to stand trial, you seem to think thats right wing. Maybe you think rape is OK if you discredit America in some way, personally I think not.

And as I said, mayb epeople would post more if it wsn't subject your silly, poorly researched and biased bullshit.
I couldn't care what his politics are and I couldn't care less about yours either Pete, but I think justice should be carried out, and if you think you can manipulate that into some sort of debate, find someone else to argue with...like I said, I can't be arsed.
I prefer to argue with someone who can put together a decent argument.

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 09:14:31 PM »
Do you think you could make your posts a little less personal?

k4blades

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 10:04:59 PM »
Do you think you could make your posts a little less personal?

Do you?
You accussed me of a right wing rant because I think a potential rapist should face a trial.
You asked for opinions, I gave you mine and because you don't like it, you get all political.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk