Author Topic: Birth certificates  (Read 2076 times)

emmz

• View Profile
Birth certificates
« on: May 14, 2013, 07:49:36 PM »
As you may have seen from my facebook status, went to Seetec oday to some stuff with CSC who are taking on at the moment. Anyway i managed to get through to the interview stage all went well imo however, the woman who dealt with paper work was going through my stuff when she got to my birth certificate, now i had to get a new one as my parents allegedly lost mine years ago so i bought another. The woman said they can't take it as it isnt the original IE it doesnt have the 1984 date at the bottom i assume. I have no other form of id apart from this certificate and the NI card they also asked me now apparently I might not get the job because of this.. so what on earth are they talking about, or is it a fact i could be anybody?? I cant aford a passport (£72.50) a pop so as you can imagine I came away rather upset at the prospect of not getting this job because of my parents not looking after my paper work properly...

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Birth certificates
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 08:09:28 PM »
Oh dear that's not good. I take it you got the B.Cert. from the births office so I can't see why they can't accept it. Seems a bit perdantic to me as there must be many people who don't have the original.
Dry your eyes love - they are just not worth it x
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 08:11:31 PM »
This is the bit I don't get emmz.
To get a passport you need a birth certificate. I used my original birth certificate to get my first '1 year' passport.
My birth certificate got mislaid. I bought a 'small' one from the reg office and used it to get a ten year passport a few years later. My original birth certificate turned up. I never used it, even to renew my current passport, I used my new small one.

You're telling us Seetec won't accept the small one. This means you have to go back to the registry office and buy a 'full birth certificate'. It doesn't make sense. Seetec's actions, not yours  :)

It's making me wonder if it's a very sad way of saying, 'You haven't got the job' ?
AFAIK, they've got no reason not to accept a small birth certificate as proof of your ID.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 08:13:32 PM »
Just what I was thinking Fly
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 08:20:02 PM »
Seetec   0844 556 4542                            01945 580499    Wisbech office. Have used it every time I need to contact them
Seetec - Employment an Training        0845 330 6573    020 8522 1200        Seetec's Head office
Seetec - Employment and Training        0845 330 6573    0161 236 8920        work programme provider

If I get the time. I'll phone them tomorrow and ask for their company policy.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

emmz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 08:25:17 PM »
Its not Seetec thats the problem its CSC themselves, I have a full birth certificate and a small one, both i had to buy again..but i couldnt understand it to be honest, i will ring tomorrow as i need to find out what can be done. Im not letting this one go especially if i am successfull and thats what stops it!

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2013, 11:02:14 PM »
Congratulations on getting the job  :)

Hopefully you will soon be able to prove you exist

emmz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2013, 08:36:38 AM »
Thanks, there will be help given according to CSC and Seetec, so whether its help with costs im not sure, have to get in touch on monday if they havnt contacted me before. In town today to get my photos done for a passport or citizen card...but wooohooo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk