Author Topic: FIFA  (Read 2628 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
FIFA
« on: May 30, 2015, 10:18:18 AM »
Come on chaps, what on earth has been going on within FIFA -
It's currently dominating the news for corrupt workings from what I can gather.
I don't follow football so I'm a bit green about it all.
This Bladder chap has got back in - but will he stay the full year after investigations are concluded?
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: FIFA
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 06:41:00 PM »
So Badder has gone didn't last as long as predicted and  the FBI are looking into what has been going on ( if anything ).
It should be interesting to watch this story unfold

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 10:20:14 PM »
In laymans terms FIFA is the body that runs world football. Sepp Blatter is the president and he gets elected every 4 years or so. For a long time now everyone has assumed that the organisation was corrupt based on some of the decisions it was taking, like awarding the 2018 World Cup to Russia despite its human rights violations and invasion of the Crimea and the 2022 version to Qatar despite the fact that it would mean players playing in 50 deg+ temps.
Blatter keeps getting re elected because he has the block support of places like Africa, Asia and the Caribbean. This is because he sends millions and millions of $ each year to them to help them improve the game in their countries but, and here's the key bit, he doesn't ask them to justify what they spent the money on. So these countries do a lot of 'fact finding' missions on large expense accounts and build lavish headquarters for themselves. As to the corruption Blatter must be up to his neck in it or terribly thick IMHO.
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

Slacker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 06:29:17 AM »
Coincidence that Team America World Police timed their hit when FIFA had voted to sanction Israel for Apartheid?

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2015, 10:19:06 AM »
Jack Warner is now promising and 'avalanche of secrets' he's got nothing to lose has he - only maybe his life.

therealjr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2015, 01:28:14 PM »
Professes his innocence but claims he knows where the bodies are buried. Interesting stance!! In reality of course it's a plea bargain he's after. He's a bitter and twisted man who still hasn't got over being made to resign in 2011. there's really only two things that he can exert any influence over. 1 of course is Mr Blatter. The other is the claim that Warner made (which appeared in the Garcia report) that he was offered a $10m bribe to support the England 2022 World Cup bid.
I'm not an Alcoholic. They go to meetings
I'm a drunk I go to the pub

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk