Author Topic: Smart Meter  (Read 6711 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Smart Meter
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2022, 07:32:05 AM »
Having been down  'T' Pit I think it must have been an horrendous place to work.

I know a living was made from it and people had warm fires ( if they could afford it) but it wasn't a healthy place for people to work in and dangerous at times.
I'm pleased they are gone
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2022, 07:59:48 PM »
According to the news tonight, average utility prices could be as high as 4 grand, for most households, by the start of next year.

FOUR GRAND!!!.... on average that's £330 per month.......or £82 per week.

We {unlike some in Europe} are not so reliant on Russian gas but our prices are going to rise because of the "global market".

It's the same with wheat....there's a shortage apparently because of the war in Ukraine, I was always told we got our wheat from Canada, which is a commonwealth country and they have vast wheat fields bigger than some of our counties, why aren't we getting it from there.
After the nuclear war the only creatures roaming the earth will be cockroaches and politicians

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2022, 10:59:04 AM »
According to the news tonight, average utility prices could be as high as 4 grand, for most households, by the start of next year.

FOUR GRAND!!!.... on average that's £330 per month.......or £82 per week.

We {unlike some in Europe} are not so reliant on Russian gas but our prices are going to rise because of the "global market".

It's the same with wheat....there's a shortage apparently because of the war in Ukraine, I was always told we got our wheat from Canada, which is a commonwealth country and they have vast wheat fields bigger than some of our counties, why aren't we getting it from there.

If the cmpanies can drag that ammount in - they will be luck!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk