Author Topic: Reminiscing  (Read 5664 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Reminiscing
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2019, 11:31:07 AM »
By the mid 70's I was on my 3rd car, since that time I have always had breakdown cover, basically to get us home if I was out with the wife and {then} two small children. Sometimes it was incorporated into my car insurance {I think it was called something like Auto Relay or something similar}, others I've been with was first the RAC {never needed them} then I went with AA but they kept putting their prices up so in the 80's I had Green Flag. I had them for a few years and during that time I needed them on three separate occasions and every one of those occasions they let me down, they always had some excuse.

Now I'm back with Green Flag {not needed them so far} touch wood.

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2019, 10:39:35 PM »
When we bought a brand new car back in 2006 it had a years free RAC recovery with it.
We've alternated between the RAC and AA depending on price every year since because we've got out and driven further.
North/South/Mid Wales. Lake District. Scotland. London area. Cornwall. South coast.
Still got the car, just turned 13 years old with 46000 miles on the clock now, but daren't not have cover.
It's never failed us, but it's sods law. If we ain't covered, the bloody thing will break down  :)) :D
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2019, 06:56:04 PM »
I've cranked a few cars of my grandads up when younger - had to be careful as they kicked back sometimes
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2019, 07:15:43 PM »
Can anyone else remember the 'Wakes' week.
It used to come on a field at he back of our house and many workers took the week off

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2019, 08:34:06 PM »
Can anyone else remember the 'Wakes' week.
It used to come on a field at he back of our house and many workers took the week off

We used to get them about twice a year, about Easter time and during the six weeks holidays, win fish that were dead within 48 hours, hot dogs that gave you the runs..........happy days!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2019, 07:58:29 AM »

We used to get them about twice a year, about Easter time and during the six weeks holidays, win fish that were dead within 48 hours, hot dogs that gave you the runs..........happy days!

:)) :)) yes but wasn't the Waltzer good fun  :)) it helped bring back up the hot dogs  :))

smithy266

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2019, 10:30:30 PM »
you youngster!  first car I remember was an Austin 7, then a Ford 8, than a 'modern' Ford Anglia.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2019, 01:42:31 PM »
you youngster!  first car I remember was an Austin 7, then a Ford 8, than a 'modern' Ford Anglia.

Lovely to be called a youngster - I'm generally one of the oldest F@@@s around these days  :))

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2019, 04:34:43 PM »

I bet you've still got your old yellow licence too!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk