Author Topic: Jamie Olivers new show (or how to profit from a calamity)  (Read 3183 times)

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Jamie Olivers new show (or how to profit from a calamity)
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2020, 10:24:13 PM »
Sort of  :)
I added a bit more butter mind  ;) :)) :D (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2020, 01:53:10 AM »
Poppy Honey Rosie, Daisy Boo Pamela, Petal Blossom Rainbow, Buddy Bear Maurice, River Rocket Blue Dallas. this is what this pretentious fat tongued pillock has called his kids, this shows what a conceited self absorbed moron he truly i, this is not about giving his children names which  they can live with for the rest of their lives without ridicule, but more about being a celebrity parent and using his kids as part of his so called celebrity by giving them stupid names, i suspect he would have named all his kids after fruit exept Geldof and Chris Martin pipped him at the post.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2020, 12:20:41 PM »
I think i may have been a tad dismissive of Jamie Olivers culinary skills as a good friend of mine has owned up tp liking his pies.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2020, 12:37:42 PM »
I think i may have been a tad dismissive of Jamie Olivers culinary skills as a good friend of mine has owned up tp liking his pies.

I tried one of these a few weeks ago, it was (allegedly) a chicken & gravy pie, although if it hadn't said what it was on the packaging, you'd never had known. There was one or two tiny squares of meat in the whole pie.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2020, 02:04:12 PM »
I tried one of these a few weeks ago, it was (allegedly) a chicken & gravy pie, although if it hadn't said what it was on the packaging, you'd never had known. There was one or two tiny squares of meat in the whole pie.
At least it must have been really really good because after all it was PUKKA, oh god after writing that i now feel really dirty.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2020, 12:04:01 AM »
Guess what I had for tea today. Pukka pie, chips and peas.
Can't fault the content. Wonder if yours was a one off Alsatian  :(
Not bad for a company that started out 12 years before Jamie was born  (y)

Pukka  C:-) ;) (y)

Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2020, 01:09:51 AM »
Dammit what a conman Oliver is fancy claiming he makes those marvelous pies by constantly advertising them, and yet he was fooling everyone all along who would have guessed, well done for outing him Mr Fly. >;

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2020, 11:13:23 AM »
In my travels work wise during the late 60's and early 70's  I made several trips to different areas chip shops for dinner maybe 3 times a week. I stopped for pie and chips once and that was a Pukka pie, first time I'd tried one, and it tasted bl**dy awful. It was supposed to a steak pie but after I bit into it and saw the "contents" all it was was a thin layer {and I MEAN thin} of some brown substance just on the bottom of the pie, the rest was just pastry so I binned it and I've never gone near a Pukka pie since.

Having seen the picture posted of a Pukka pie now it appears mine was a one off or over the years they have greatly improved. I will have to try one again soon.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2020, 01:07:50 PM »
joking apart, Sorasto you are correct the pukka steak pies were and still are revolting, when i was young the chip shops around the peak district where i lived at the time were pickwick pies and their meat and potato pies were really nice.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk