Author Topic: Blue bin (non) collections  (Read 1582 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
Blue bin (non) collections
« on: January 14, 2021, 03:34:34 PM »
Today was our scheduled day for our blue bin to be emptied, only it hasn't. I'm aware that the weather must play a large part in why it hasn't been emptied, but the green bin collection lorry has managed to get round!

This may sound churlish of me to moan, but this is the 4th consecutive time that it hasn't been emptied on the scheduled day. A couple of times they blamed it on the lorry braking down (it's contracted out to Wards Recycling).

Looking on the councils missed bin collection web page they have missed what seems to be the whole of Brampton, Ashgate, Brockwell, Loundsley Green and Walton.

I would've thought that they could at least have done the main roads?

Yours,

Grumpy Old Man!
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Blue bin (non) collections
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 04:03:41 PM »
Our collection day was Tuesday, this week was the Maroon bin {tins/plastic/papers} but after Xmas we could put out our black bin with it.
Tuesday they emptied the black bin, the other bin has been out since then...today Thursday,they emptied it an hour ago. 
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Tarzan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 05:26:36 PM »
Ours was a day late as well, should have been wednesday, but came today(thursday) at about 3 o clock ..ish.
On one occasion they were 2 days late just before Xmas.
I did get stuck behind a bin lorry on chatsworth road, near St Thomas's church this morning about 11 o clock .. ish, i think they were doing the blue bins ?

I had heard that quite a few bin men (& women ) were off sick,.. Probably with this bat flue thing ?  :-\
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 05:28:54 PM by Tarzan »

kromercap

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 05:52:22 PM »

Ours was a day late as well, should have been wednesday, but came today(thursday) .....

So that's why we didn't get ours emptied today.
They were too busy doing yours.

::)

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 11:22:36 AM »
Today was our scheduled day for our blue bin to be emptied, only it hasn't. I'm aware that the weather must play a large part in why it hasn't been emptied, but the green bin collection lorry has managed to get round!

This may sound churlish of me to moan, but this is the 4th consecutive time that it hasn't been emptied on the scheduled day. A couple of times they blamed it on the lorry braking down (it's contracted out to Wards Recycling).

Looking on the councils missed bin collection web page they have missed what seems to be the whole of Brampton, Ashgate, Brockwell, Loundsley Green and Walton.

I would've thought that they could at least have done the main roads?

Yours,

Grumpy Old Man!
Our blue bin wasnt collected up at Brookside but green was, saw something on a Facebook page where someone had asked about it and they were pointed in the direction of a council post mentioning there had been some issues. One person mentioned that the collection people were struggling due to a lack of people as so many were having to isolate due to Covid which sounds plausible. I just left ours out and it was collected yesterday.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2021, 12:19:05 PM »
That's fine if that is the case, and I understand it completely.

What I don't understand is the apparent unwillingness to 'come clean' on the council website and say what the problem(s) is/are, and simply put 'vehicle breakdowns' and 'various factors' as the reasons for the delays.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 11:04:13 AM »
We also had a problem with our Burgundy bin being emptied. It was we were told due to a breakdown in the lorry. It was emptied the following day.
I also think the Covid virus will have an affect on our deliveries, doing the job they do has to put them on a higher risk of getting it.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2022, 01:03:28 PM »
Our collection day was Tuesday, this week was the Maroon bin {tins/plastic/papers} but after Xmas we could put out our black bin with it.
Tuesday they emptied the black bin, the other bin has been out since then...today Thursday,they emptied it an hour ago.

They seem to have surpassed themselves this time, at least after last Xmas 20/21 we got our black bin emptied Xmas week {22nd Dec} and the burgundy bin just after {last few days of December} then black bin 1st week January then black and burgundy both second week.

This time our Burgundy bin {due to be emptied tomorrow} has not been emptied since the 14th December and our black bin that was last emptied on Xmas week {21st Dec} and won't be emptied until next week along with the burgundy bin {again!}.........absolute madness!!

The least that should happen is both bins emptied on the same day a.s.a.p. after Xmas..... god knows what the streets are going to look like after they've been tomorrow, they leave a trail of rubbish along the road when it's a "normal" bin collection so now after almost three weeks all these burgundy bins are full to the brim. 
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2022, 04:04:01 PM »
We have made two trips to Stongravels Tip over the festive season.
We took our excess waste then spent 2 hours New Years Day at daughters sorting hers out and made another trip with her waste.
Not impressive is it, we all get a bit extra over the festive period but the long wait for bins to be emptied has made it difficult - I don't want bags of rubbish and cardboard stacked up at the front of my home!!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk