Author Topic: Speedimit reduction on Matlock Road  (Read 602 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
Speedimit reduction on Matlock Road
« on: September 21, 2021, 02:54:00 PM »
According to the local rag (Derbyshire Times) the residents of Matlock Road Walton - the (short) stretch of road between The Blue Stoops pub and Acorn Ridge - have won their two year battle to reduce the speed limit from 40mph to 30mph.

The reason for the request was, according to the residents, due to the difficulty they had getting out of their drives.

Diddums! I have difficulty getting off my drive due to heavy parking and a bad junction. Any chance DCC will look kindly at my request to paint double yellow lines outside my house, and straighten the junction? No, I thought not!

I'm no mathematician or statistician but, to my mind, if that stretch of road still carries the same number of vehicles, but at a lower speed, then surely all that will happen is that the vehicles will be travelling closer together?
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

smithy266

• View Profile
Re: Speedimit reduction on Matlock Road
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 08:44:04 AM »
the 40mph limit through The Brushes, between the A61 and Unstone is ridiculous, and should be 30, but DCC say there has been only one fatal accident...

kromercap

• View Profile
Re: Speedimit reduction on Matlock Road
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2021, 11:12:04 PM »
According to the local rag (Derbyshire Times) the residents of Matlock Road Walton - the (short) stretch of road between The Blue Stoops pub and Acorn Ridge - have won their two year battle to reduce the speed limit from 40mph to 30mph.

The reason for the request was, according to the residents, due to the difficulty they had getting out of their drives...

Have you seen the houses on that stretch of road?

There is some serious money living along there.

They were always going to get what they want. The only real surprise is that it took them so long to bully DCC into submission.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk