Author Topic: "Duckmanton" roundabout  (Read 772 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
"Duckmanton" roundabout
« on: December 31, 2021, 11:51:37 AM »
Just been up to the council tip at Buttermilk lane and the road works, that were on the roundabout for yonks, have gone.

Studying the roundabout all I can see is a bit of new tarmac on each junction and fresh lines painted "IS THAT IT!!"

Is that what drivers have had to endure, for what seemed forever..... a few barrow loads of tarmac and a few tins of Dulux?

I was given to understand it was being made bigger in order to accommodate another road that was to join it.

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: "Duckmanton" roundabout
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2021, 02:46:40 PM »
They've widened the approaches in places and actually lowered one side of the roundabout by about 2ft to improve visibility when approaching it. Still reckon I could have done it myself in half the time LOL  :)) :)) 8)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: "Duckmanton" roundabout
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2023, 08:16:20 PM »
Just been up to the council tip at Buttermilk lane and the road works, that were on the roundabout for yonks, have gone.

Studying the roundabout all I can see is a bit of new tarmac on each junction and fresh lines painted "IS THAT IT!!"

Is that what drivers have had to endure, for what seemed forever..... a few barrow loads of tarmac and a few tins of Dulux?

I was given to understand it was being made bigger in order to accommodate another road that was to join it.

Same with the traffic lights at the bottom duck!  all that weeks of queuing and for what?
slightly wider junctions.....more dulux new lights and a new bollard in the middle of the road {1st drunk driver will get shot of that}
Why do we get these vanity projects holding up traffic whilst the pot holes multiply?

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk