Author Topic: Valentine's Day gifts mother's Day gifts and Easter  (Read 492 times)

Chesterfield 4ever

• View Profile
Valentine's Day gifts mother's Day gifts and Easter
« on: January 06, 2023, 11:47:05 PM »
In December I was shocked to see valentine's Day gifts mother's Day gifts and Easter gifts and eggs in the shops. It's outrageous that these are shoved in your face so soon and before this year had even come in. I wish the shop's wouldn't do this. People are even buying Easter eggs now and I can't understand why. They have just probably gone through so many Sweet's and chocolate in Dec 2022 then they start with Easter eggs in January, I'm sure the world has gone mad. What do other people think of this.

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Valentine's Day gifts mother's Day gifts and Easter
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 11:19:34 AM »
I've never seen the benefit of buying Easter eggs myself, obviously bought them for my kids when growing up and buy them now for my grandchildren and g/grandchildren only because it's expected of you.

The amount of chocolate used to make an Easter egg you could possibly fit in an egg cup, your just paying for the brand name, the air inside the egg and the wrapping, they obviously make a fortune out of Easter eggs so the faster they can get them out there.
Same with Christmas, I've always maintained we should move Christmas to January the tenth you know when the sales are on and every thing is cheaper!!! 
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Valentine's Day gifts mother's Day gifts and Easter
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2023, 04:23:22 PM »
I worked in a shop many years ago and pre Christmas the Easter Eggs would come in! Totally took any excitement out of the festive season.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk