Author Topic: Wallpaper  (Read 2426 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Wallpaper
« on: March 05, 2022, 07:59:26 PM »
We need to titivate our living room. It's painted plain white paper {slightly patterned} at the top with a middle border and patterned at the bottom.

We basically only wanted to replace the bottom bit but going round some shops selling wallpaper we can't seem to find anywhere that still sell borders. I know that borders must be old fashioned now, as it's over ten years since we bought the last lot but we want to try and avoid taking ALL of the paper off as, apart from it being time consuming, scraping two thirds of the walls just to basically put the same back up seems a waste of time, effort and cost but we would if no other option.
We are actually hoping to find someone out there who had the same problem as us and bought the same paper as the top bit and managed to blend it in at the bottom, so if anyone out there has actually done that and satisfied with it please let us know.

Meanwhile.......
Just had a look on line and there's C/fiels decotator centre on Broombank park and Johnsons centre on Vanguard trad. est. they look interesting so might swing round those in a couple of days.

So if anyone out there does know where they sell a good range of wallpaper {and borders} it would save us a lot of bother.....thanks.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Alsatian

• View Profile
Re: Wallpaper
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2022, 07:52:56 AM »
There's Dulux Decorating Centre, behind the old Derbyshire Times building on Mill St.

https://www.duluxdecoratorcentre.co.uk/
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2022, 11:20:27 AM »
I did see that on line Alsatian but it doesn't seem to advertise wallpaper only paint, but will call in when next in town or just give them a ring.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2022, 11:52:48 AM »
I did see that on line Alsatian but it doesn't seem to advertise wallpaper only paint, but will call in when next in town or just give them a ring.

It did sell wallpaper a few years ago, as that's where we got some when we had our lounge decorated.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2022, 11:01:11 AM »
It would appear that Amazon {of all places} sells wallpaper AND borders. Was told this by my daughter who uses Amazon frequently so looked it up and there it was.
So it was under my nose all the time, looks like we can just replace the bottom bit and use a border so thanks for your input Alsatian.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2022, 08:07:37 PM »
Noooooo. It's an absolute nightmare 'picking' wallpaper in an Amazon warehouses.
I should know. I worked in the Barlborough one for six week earlier last year LOL  (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2022, 09:19:39 AM »
Noooooo. It's an absolute nightmare 'picking' wallpaper in an Amazon warehouses.
I should know. I worked in the Barlborough one for six week earlier last year LOL  (y)

Thanks for that Fly......
The wife has already picked the paper from B&Q it's just the borders we're after from Amazon, borders were our stumbling block.
O.K. so if Amazon get our border order wrong it won't be a big deal, we will just keep ordering till they get it right.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2022, 06:53:18 PM »
Nothing is stored in, 'what looks like', a sensible order.
The computer system 'knows' where every item is, but the picker has to go looking through each shelf area for each item LOL.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Rheged

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2022, 11:10:43 PM »
Limited choice at The Range. Not sure if it is online only or they actually have stock in store.
It's OK if you don't like me.
Not everyone has good taste!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2022, 02:18:51 PM »
I really need a reliable painter and decorator fairly quickly as the lad we had the last time has let us down.
I don't usually just pick people out of the classifieds or Yellow pages I like to get a tried and trusted tradesman usually by recommendation.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction, basically having used them yourselves, and are happy with the result please let me know,

Thanks.......

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2022, 08:37:08 PM »
I really need a reliable painter and decorator fairly quickly as the lad we had the last time has let us down.
I don't usually just pick people out of the classifieds or Yellow pages I like to get a tried and trusted tradesman usually by recommendation.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction, basically having used them yourselves, and are happy with the result please let me know,

Thanks.......

Obviously not used him since start of Covid, but I always used this chap. Decent prices and does a good job: Kev Slater 01246 558826.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2022, 09:40:25 PM »
Obviously not used him since start of Covid, but I always used this chap. Decent prices and does a good job: Kev Slater 01246 558826.

Just tell him Keith (cherry bakewell) recommended him, he'll know who I am! 👍😂

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2022, 02:28:48 PM »
Just tell him Keith (cherry bakewell) recommended him, he'll know who I am! 👍😂

Thanks for that.....just rang now and left him a message.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2022, 11:39:23 AM »
Thanks for that.....just rang now and left him a message.

He called round the other night and we got the jobs sorted for in the future {as he's very busy like all the others} but we don't mind waiting.

He said he could "match up" with the same paper with just a small border on the join to hide any discrepancy.

So thanks for that Alsatian...only trouble is, we now have to go one better than the cherry bakewells !!!

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2022, 12:08:06 PM »

He called round the other night and we got the jobs sorted for in the future {as he's very busy like all the others} but we don't mind waiting.

He said he could "match up" with the same paper with just a small border on the join to hide any discrepancy.

So thanks for that Alsatian...only trouble is, we now have to go one better than the cherry bakewells !!!

Yes, we've always had to book him well in advance - at least that's a good marker for him doing a good job. Glad you've got it sorted 👍

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk