Author Topic: What's going on?  (Read 1113 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
What's going on?
« on: March 11, 2022, 11:57:06 AM »
Does anyone know what the portakabins are doing on the Pennine Way (Loundsley Green) car park?

They seem to have been there forever! Every time we go past there are signs of life inside, and you can always hear generator(s) running. There's no clues on the signs outside, only the usual H&S warnings. 🤔
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: What's going on?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 07:10:39 PM »
Wasn't it a covid testing place?
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 07:34:10 PM »
That's what I thought at the time, but it doesn't appear to have been one for some time. Perhaps it's still doing testing for other sites?
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2022, 08:36:18 PM »
Tagged on to this post as it's title is apt.......

Called in town a couple of days ago and immediately saw multi coloured markings on the pavement, but walking round they are everywhere on the pavements and roads. They look like the kind of things you see when the water board or another utility company mark out where repairs are to be carried out but the place is absolutely awash with them.......any ideas?

Also whilst I'm on, at the same time was glancing in Martins travel window when I turned round to see workmen filling in potholes on Broad pavement no less, with a barrow load of tarmac and a jigapig. For the benefit of those not in the know Broad pavement is nothing more than a glorified back alley yet we constantly try to avoid potholes on main roads and others where nothing seems to be done.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2022, 09:57:36 AM »

Called in town a couple of days ago and immediately saw multi coloured markings on the pavement, but walking round they are everywhere on the pavements and roads. They look like the kind of things you see when the water board or another utility company mark out where repairs are to be carried out but the place is absolutely awash with them.......any ideas?

Also whilst I'm on, at the same time was glancing in Martins travel window when I turned round to see workmen filling in potholes on Broad pavement no less, with a barrow load of tarmac and a jigapig. For the benefit of those not in the know Broad pavement is nothing more than a glorified back alley yet we constantly try to avoid potholes on main roads and others where nothing seems to be done.

I'm fed up of reportiong one street in our village. They go plop some tarmac in it and quite soon the hole is back!
It's a waste of time and money!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

smithy266

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2022, 03:53:04 PM »
No, it is Job Recreation...if they fill the potholes properly, they wont have a job next year. This way, they get to know the area, the neighbours, and probably give the potholes names.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2022, 09:15:45 PM »

In town today and saw a lad on Burlington st. with spray can in hand and pipe finder that looks like a small lawnmower, he says it's water and it's going to be a big job. So if it's water and sewage expect disruption.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk