Author Topic: Loundsley Green  (Read 839 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
Loundsley Green
« on: March 11, 2022, 12:06:34 PM »
Can anyone remember the area that is now Loundsley Green Estate before the houses were built?

I know the estate was built for the Post Office finance employees when they moved to the AGD building on West Bars, from London and Harrogate in 1963.

Its such a large estate that building work must have begun several years prior to that.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Umpire

• View Profile
Re: Loundsley Green
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 04:20:12 PM »
From roughly where Pennine Way is there were fields and more fields.From Brockwell Lane you walked down a narrow lane  to the bottom of the hill where there was a stream and Jacksons Farm.
If you went straight on  you were on the Donkey Racecourse eventually to an old stone cottage through a small wood past a pumping station and on to Linacre woods.
If you turned right at Jacksons Farmm it was through fields and into Newbold Village.If you went left at the farm again fields onto Ashgate Road.Gaunts Farm  was  where the Holme Hall Inn is.
I spent many hours in that area when I was young.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 06:53:13 PM »
Thanks for that Umpire 👍
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2022, 07:32:19 PM »
 (y)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk