Author Topic: Holiday in Mallorca  (Read 1002 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
Holiday in Mallorca
« on: June 04, 2022, 09:09:40 PM »
Came back from a weeks holiday in Cala Egos, the hotel was perfect, the food amazing, and the surrounding areas were lovely.

Unfortunately it went t*ts up when we got to Palma airport for our return flight. Shortly after joining the queue all Doncaster passengers were told to leave the queue.
We were told our flight had been cancelled, and we would be placed in a (supposedly) 4star platinum Hotel on All Inclusive basis. Fine - but when we got there we were told it was full board and only drinks with meals were provided.
OK, the hotel had been refurbished and was clean, unfortunately the meals were pooor in terms of both choice and the fact they were only served tepid.

Added to that I bought (and paid for) a Baileys, but was served a cheaper Irish Cream, it took a lot of arguing with the bar staff to get them to serve me what I'd paid for.
Anyway, we got to the airport next morning and about 1 1/2 hours later we were on our way back home
We got back to Doncaster and got our taxi back home

ID like to say that was the end of it all, but over the next few days, all four of us tested positive for Covid! 😢

Despite everything we had a lovely holiday and were grateful we caught it at the end of the holiday.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
Re: Holiday in Mallorca
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 12:41:12 PM »
At least you weren't stuck there for days (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 08:31:49 PM »
It seemed obvious what was going to happen.

The airline companies just expected the thousands they laid off to come flooding back when called upon, it seems quite a lot of them have turned their backs on the airlines and now have other careers.
 I think most of the blame belongs to the travel agents, they just kept piling on these bookings from people desperate to get away mainly to get cash back in their coffers without a thought about how the airports were going to cope with the sudden influx, especially at bank holiday weekends and school holidays.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 07:51:22 PM »
went to Crystal peaks the other day and walked past the Hayes travel shop, it was packed.... I kid you not, in fact some were stood outside waiting to go in

WHY!!! the countries travel system is at a virtual standstill.
 But then again... they might have been there trying to get their money back!

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 12:44:28 PM »
We are giving holidays out of the UK a miss this year and definately won't be travelling by train.
Our day trip to Scarborough on a steam was cancelled last Saturday because of the strike

We booked a late holiday in Mablethorpe its the first time for many years we have been there. It was a beautiful cottage by the Boating Lake and the sea front.
We'll book another late holiday at some point but stick to our old faithful the taxi!
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2022, 02:42:37 PM »
It seems the smaller airports are managing quite well such as Doncaster East Mids and such, it's the big boys  Heathrow Manchester Birmingham that can't cope.

Either way I wouldn't dream of booking a foreign holiday till well into next year........if at all.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2022, 06:00:08 PM »
Mine's booked. Spain, from East Mids. Things might have calmed down by the time I go  (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk