Author Topic: Freeview  (Read 1137 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Freeview
« on: August 19, 2022, 08:24:29 PM »
It goes without saying anyone on Freeview is getting a bad deal.

I got rid of Sky a couple of years ago mainly because I didn't want pay for view and it saved me £26 a month, I got a Humax recorder and even that's showing it's age now but the Freeview channels I use are cr*p. Since Christmas I have re tuned Freeview no less than a dozen times and each time it gets no better. I would sooner have about a dozen channels that work very well than 40 odd that don't.
I even complained about Freeview on the Trustpilot site {along with many others} but to date no response.

I've looked into who's supposed to be responsible for Freeview and as it's run by the "big four" B.B.C. - I.T.V. - CH4 & SKY but there doesn't seem to be any one body you can complain to so, in desperation, I've taken the liberty of E mailing the production team of "Rip Off Britain" on the B.B.C. asking them if they would look into why Freeview is so bad in their next series and why they don't seem to care.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

smithy266

• View Profile
Re: Freeview
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 09:11:46 AM »
We have no problems with Freeview here in Unstone, but most times, you can scroll through all the channels, and there is nowt to watch....so, so many re repeats of such old programmes....
The "main" channels are no better....the advert breaks seem more regular, and are longer...and are so awful .....
I moan at the tv so often making my wife shout at me......

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 01:39:25 PM »
If it wasn't for the wife watching her soaps and the {very} occasional decent film on I wouldn't hesitate in getting rid of the telly.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2022, 05:50:29 PM »
In Brockwell we have Freeview lite (in other words cr"p signal) where we only get a few TV channels, and if a dark cloud goes anywhere near the transmitter (old Robinson Goyt Side area) then the signal goes altogether.

I used to have Freesat (free satellite) but the good old Humax boxes are no longer in production. I did try the only remaining option (Freesat branded unit) and it was really badly designed and made.

My only option was to either:

1)jack the house up 20 feet or more, so I could get line of sight with Unstone.

or

2) swallow my pride and pay Sky.

Guess which option I (reluctantly) took?! Although I only pay for the 'Free to Air'  channels.

And just for the record Sky have just as many, if not more, repeats as Freeview!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 05:52:57 PM by Alsatian »
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2022, 06:39:04 PM »
Couldn't you just buy a YouView box. You'd get all the standard channels like Freeview but through your broaband connection, not your antenna?
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2022, 10:07:29 AM »
We don't watch a lot of TV but Sky Arts is one of my favourites on Freeview
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

smithy266

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2022, 12:00:29 PM »
There are just SO many repeats, and repeats of repeats on Freeview...and the advert breaks are even more frequent...at least we have t'interweb on our TV so we can be a bit choosy for what we watch...

How did we manage with just 3 channels, when tv all shut down at midnight?

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2022, 12:50:03 PM »
I would cheerfully go back to Sky but it appears that's now just as bad.

We manage to watch Netflix thanks to my daughter piggy backing us off her Sky contract so not too bad.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2022, 07:59:58 PM »
It goes without saying anyone on Freeview is getting a bad deal.
I even complained about Freeview on the Trustpilot site {along with many others} but to date no response.
I've taken the liberty of E mailing the production team of "Rip Off Britain" on the B.B.C. asking them if they would look into why Freeview is so bad in their next series and why they don't seem to care.

My last post on Trustpilot is a request for anyone who has posted on there about Freeview to do what I did and contact Rip off Britain, as it appears that no one from Freeview is taking a blind bit of notice of that site.
Anybody and everybody who has bad Freeview should do what I did and make them take notice, if not E mails then letters..texts even, the more complaints received the more chance of action.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk