Author Topic: Googapple i.o.u. mac 20 pixel 47 i 3 e.i.e.i.o phone !!!  (Read 595 times)

Sorastro

• View Profile
Googapple i.o.u. mac 20 pixel 47 i 3 e.i.e.i.o phone !!!
« on: October 21, 2022, 08:55:28 PM »
What is it with these "new" phones.......
They give them super duper names and all it boils down to is having a slightly better camera on the phone than the one you purchased just 3 months ago, and the price of them is eye watering.

Correct me if I'm wrong but phones are for making phone calls {the clue is in the name}

I am in the middle of being "taught" how to use one of these phones by my daughter who is letting me use her old one. I offered to buy it from her but she says it will be obsolete within 6 to 8 months and i would have to buy a new one anyway, talk about being ripped off.

Why do people put up with it, what would happen if this system applied to other things you own , changing your telly every 15 months, computers every year, yes I know these things do get upgraded but not every 5 minutes and you at least have the option of NOT upgrading, with these phones it doesn't seem to be much choice, I think I'll stick to my Doro.
 This phone lark is now't but one big con. 
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Googapple i.o.u. mac 20 pixel 47 i 3 e.i.e.i.o phone !!!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2022, 12:01:06 PM »
Just heard that the old phone lines are being phased out, that's why the fax machines are becoming obsolete.

Yes that's what's needed, get rid of all landline phones and messaging services and all go with E.E. Talk Talk Vodaphone and the like so when the time comes no one will be able to make any calls as someone will have just flicked a switch.
We'll be back using smoke signals and semaphore before you know it......

Maybe the Luddites were right!!
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk