Author Topic: Holidays 2020  (Read 815 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Holidays 2020
« on: September 02, 2020, 12:27:36 AM »
Has anyone else  cancelled out any holiday plans for 2020 as we have, it just isn't worth the possible hassle for us.
All ours have been cancelled for this year now. The only break we are taking is a weekend away with friends in the caravan and we will mix with others in shops eating places etc as little as possible.
Roll on 2021  ::)
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Sorastro

• View Profile
Re: Holidays 2020
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 01:56:11 PM »
Our Cornwall holiday was due in May and had to be put off, now we are going on Saturday.
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 02:29:22 PM »
me and my family were supposed to be going to haven holidays wales in may and it was cancelled we had the devils own job trying to get a refund, they claimed to have notified everybody with a holiday booking two weeks prior to their holiday commencement utter bunkum, the web was full of people like us who were not contacted, either online (where it was booked) or otherwise, it was left upto us the customers to chase them up, in my case i was only refunded as a result of an extremely terse email to the chief executive in the middle of june, hence we are going on a midweek break in october when it is always quieter and not booking a haven holidays break.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 02:13:42 PM »
me and my family were supposed to be going to haven holidays wales in may and it was cancelled we had the devils own job trying to get a refund, they claimed to have notified everybody with a holiday booking two weeks prior to their holiday commencement utter bunkum, the web was full of people like us who were not contacted, either online (where it was booked) or otherwise, it was left upto us the customers to chase them up, in my case i was only refunded as a result of an extremely terse email to the chief executive in the middle of june, hence we are going on a midweek break in october when it is always quieter and not booking a haven holidays break.

Did you get a refund?

Umpire

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 05:49:29 PM »
we had one cancelled by Jet2 in June .I had paid the full anount.A lady from Jet2 rang me and apologised for the cancellation and promised I  would get a full refund within 14 days and they  were true to their word.
We  had a second holiday booked forLanzarote and we should have been there now.I had only paid £120 deposit way before Covid  but we decided to cancel due to all the rules and regulations  required.I forfeited the deposit.
However since then Jet2 have cancelled it so  I would have got the deposit refunded.Thats the risk we took but we just did not want to go.

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 11:47:16 AM »
We went to France in August and had a cracking time, the quarantine period was announced whilst we were there but with where we were in France it was probably safer than back home and i'm probably closer to the main issues in Northern France sat at home in Chesterfield compared to where we were in France. It was a house we've booked for a few years now and then flights with Easyjet. When the flights werent going to get cancelled we opted to go and it was fine. We can both work from home so the two weeks housebound was fine although it was galling to be driving through Chesterfield on the way home to be housebound as apparently we were a risk and yet we saw large groups falling in and out of pubs in town and on Brampton....yet we were the risk!

We 're due for a long weekend in Robin Hoods Bay with some friends all without kids in a few weeks which hopefully will still be ok.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2020, 07:31:43 PM »
I've written this year off

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk