Author Topic: Inconsiderate parking  (Read 1444 times)

hifimad

• View Profile
Inconsiderate parking
« on: September 10, 2020, 12:57:23 PM »
Why is it that certain drivers beleive that it is ok to just dump their vehicles anywhere they please, or to ignore the markings in paking spaces, it is not only inconsiderate but highly annoying, i have lost count of the times i have gone to park in Asda and somebody has parked his or her 4x4 with the wheels on the white line thus denying a parking space to anything wider that a motorbike.
Just the other day i was driving on the road and came upon a silver taxi stood in the middle of the road and in front of the taxi was another taxi prposefully blocking the road waiting for a fare to come from their home, the taxi i was behind could not overtake the other taxi due to cars which were parked on the roadside thus we all had to wait for the clown in front to inconenience everbody behind him.
And now we come to today where upon entering the close where i live, i drove towards my usual parking spot which is in the bay with two marked parking spots and the pictures will tell you the rest.
I wish i was a bit more tech savvy as i would start up a site entitled parking-like-a-pillock.com where people could upload pictures of inconsiderate parking.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Inconsiderate parking
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 02:20:33 PM »
This is a common problem and with so many people having more than one vehicle per household it won't improve.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

handy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 11:10:25 AM »
I have been driving 51 years and nothing as really change, you get your good and bad drivers credit to the light blue car reversed in and plenty of room on the driver's side to exit the car if space next to it the next car pulls in forwards the gap between both vehicles is at its maximum so less chance of paintwork getting damaged opening car doors.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good - But, too many Birthdays can kill you.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 02:50:20 PM »
I too Handy have driven the highways and byways both professionally and privately and it's for that reason I bite my lip at a lot of parking. As a delivery driver for well in excess of 40 of those years I have to plead guilty about some of my parking whilst delivering, inconsiderate it may have been to some people, but lets not forget when delivering in say Nottingham or Sheffield or Derby, or anywhere for that matter, not everyone lives on a wide tree lined avenue with houses with 4 bedrooms and plenty of parking space {and room for a pony!} a slight inconvenience but I have NEVER parked dangerously EVER, that I can be proud of.

What I call inconsiderate parking is just that, the can't be ars*d attitude of some drivers. Car parks are the worst, it seems as though their brains become mush as soon as they turn into a car park, they have scant regard for anyone else this is why I park as far away from the store entrance as I can, this usually means I get a parking space with no one either side of me. We went to Morrisons in Staveley a couple of weeks ago mid week early doors, the big car park on the left had only about 10 cars in it so I parked in a bay with at least 5 empty spaces each side of me. When we came out there was just a couple more cars in there and lo and behold someone had parked next to me, not only was he next to me his car was a 2 door which means he/she couldn't get out without squeezing out and swinging his door onto mine the other bays were still empty, these so called drivers have the mentality of dog sh*t.

Years ago a friend of mine had a good way of dealing with inconsiderate drivers, he used to carry round pieces of paper that he used to clip under the windscreen wipers of badly parked cars, something along the lines of:-

"Congratulations you have been entered into the parking like a tw*t award"

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 11:42:12 AM »
I too Handy have driven the highways and byways both professionally and privately and it's for that reason I bite my lip at a lot of parking. As a delivery driver for well in excess of 40 of those years I have to plead guilty about some of my parking whilst delivering, inconsiderate it may have been to some people, but lets not forget when delivering in say Nottingham or Sheffield or Derby, or anywhere for that matter, not everyone lives on a wide tree lined avenue with houses with 4 bedrooms and plenty of parking space {and room for a pony!} a slight inconvenience but I have NEVER parked dangerously EVER, that I can be proud of.

What I call inconsiderate parking is just that, the can't be ars*d attitude of some drivers. Car parks are the worst, it seems as though their brains become mush as soon as they turn into a car park, they have scant regard for anyone else this is why I park as far away from the store entrance as I can, this usually means I get a parking space with no one either side of me. We went to Morrisons in Staveley a couple of weeks ago mid week early doors, the big car park on the left had only about 10 cars in it so I parked in a bay with at least 5 empty spaces each side of me. When we came out there was just a couple more cars in there and lo and behold someone had parked next to me, not only was he next to me his car was a 2 door which means he/she couldn't get out without squeezing out and swinging his door onto mine the other bays were still empty, these so called drivers have the mentality of dog sh*t.

Years ago a friend of mine had a good way of dealing with inconsiderate drivers, he used to carry round pieces of paper that he used to clip under the windscreen wipers of badly parked cars, something along the lines of:-

"Congratulations you have been entered into the parking like a tw*t award"

:)) :)) :))

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2020, 01:29:06 PM »
If you are on twitter look up https://twitter.com/YPLAC and on facebook there is a chesterfield group for bad parking https://www.facebook.com/parkingchesterfield

Apologies for the naughty names these pages have been called.

We used to live on Heaton Street and it was a nightmare especially as we were closer to the Chatsworth Rd end so had to deal with folk parking for the shops etc. They would dump it anywhere at times.

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 08:36:04 PM »
Didn't the D.T. at one time print photo's of cars parked inconsiderately on a weekly basis or did I just dream it, if I didn't why aren't they still doing it?
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2020, 11:38:55 AM »
Didn't the D.T. at one time print photo's of cars parked inconsiderately on a weekly basis or did I just dream it, if I didn't why aren't they still doing it?
They did....with the photos swiped from the Facebook site i mentioned above.

hifimad

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2020, 12:32:24 PM »
i was out and about yesterday and aproaching the junction of St Johns Road from levens way and parked on my right in the junction entrance to the right of me was a car with its door open and the driver stood at the back having just closed his boot he then sauntered off down St Johns Road (see photo), later on my way home having just left the roundabout at the bottom of the dronfield bypass and travelling on dunston road near the school i came across another car parked irresponsibly ie right on a corner with road markings to indicate no overtaking what a total moron, the eagle eyed among you may have noticed there is a reccurring theme beginig to emerge the two pictures happened within about 40 mins of each other and the three vehicles which include the one in my original post are all taxis, this is not me setting out to shame taxi drivers these are the worst examples of dangerous and incosiderate parking i have recorded on my dashcam while out and about.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk