Author Topic: Best places around town to view fireworks  (Read 918 times)

Emm

• View Profile
Best places around town to view fireworks
« on: November 04, 2020, 06:57:51 PM »
So, with is no official display on I am wondering, experienced residents, where are the best spots around Chesterfield to be tomorrow night to get good views of private displays? (while social distancing of course!)

Previously towns I've lived in have had obvious overlook points but I'm not sure where is good in Chesterfield; but by how many fireworks I've heard this week I'm sure there will be something to watch tomorrow if a good spot is to be found.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
Re: Best places around town to view fireworks
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 12:41:14 PM »
Welcome to the forum Emm, unfortunately I am now out of touch with firework displays,years ago we used to go to the one near the fire station on Whit moor but TBH I haven't seen any public ones advertised - maybe the Covid stopped them this year.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 01:34:26 PM »
Welcome to the forum Emm, unfortunately I am now out of touch with firework displays,years ago we used to go to the one near the fire station on Whit moor but TBH I haven't seen any public ones advertised - maybe the Covid stopped them this year.
Pretty much all public displays didnt happen due to Covid etc....thats probably why folk seem to have been making up for it with about 2 weeks of fireworks in their gardens with fireworks that seem to get louder and louder each year. No idea why folk seem so keen to blow up money in the air but hey ho. Never really been that fussed about them and now we have to try and keep our dog calm to get through it. I can deal with the actual 5th and the weekend near it but when its 2 weeks of constant fireworks going off it gets tiresome.

wollygobble

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 09:17:35 PM »
Apparently someone from an American TV network noticed fireworks over London at the weekend and reported that London was celebrating Joe Biden's election victory!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 10:33:11 PM »
Biden's won ?  :D ;D :) :D ;D
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 07:13:01 PM »
Biden's won ?  :D ;D :) :D ;D

Yep and it's turned Trump grey  :-?

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2020, 09:35:06 PM »
Sorry for my ignorance Emm  >:(

Welcome to Chesterfieldonline, there ain't many of us, but at least we aren't falling out and squabbling all the time  :D ;D :)) ;) (y)
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2020, 09:52:14 PM »
Sorry for my ignorance Emm  >:(

Welcome to Chesterfieldonline, there ain't many of us, but at least we aren't falling out and squabbling all the time  :D ;D :)) ;) (y)

:)) :)) :)) We could try  :)) :))

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2020, 12:48:53 AM »
Bring it on.  :))

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk