Author Topic: Car parking at Royal Hospital  (Read 6571 times)

Alsatian

• View Profile
Car parking at Royal Hospital
« on: March 05, 2014, 03:14:02 PM »
Received a phone call this morning whilst taking my sister out, from Mother-in-laws care home, telling us that she'd suffered a massive stroke. As hospital car park was full I ended up parking on graas in lay-by opposite hospital ground entrance.

Came back to car to find a parking ticket issued by NEDDC!!!  :( :'(

Below is my appeal against the charge - any bets on whether I'm successful or not?

I am the driver of this vehicle and wish to appeal against this parking charge, due to the following circumstances, which I shall make as clear and concise as possible.

My disabled sister lives in a care home in Matlock and, each Wednesday we pick her up, take her for a coffee and then on to see our elderly Mum in her residential care home in Hasland.

Whilst on our way to see Mum this morning, my wife had a ‘phone call from her 94 year old Mums’ care home (L******* L****) stating that her Mum had suffered a massive stroke and that an emergency ambulance had been called. My wife was advised to make her way to Chesterfield Royal Hospital and meet her mother there. I dropped her off at the hospital and then took my sister to see our Mum.

Instead of taking my sister to our house for lunch, as we do usually, I took her back to her care home in Matlock, and then made my way to the hospital to meet my wife.

Upon arrival at the hospital I was unable to find a single vacant space in any of their car parks. As, at the time, I was unsure whether my brother-in-law had made it to the hospital, I felt it to be an urgent case of being with my wife to offer her comfort and support.

I was unsure of how far any on-street parking was, and, being a registered asthmatic I decided to try and park in the lay-by opposite the entrance to the hospital. The only space I could find there was on the grass, where a vehicle was leaving, and decided to park there and walk into the hospital.

Should you wish to validate the circumstances, my Mother-in-law is Mrs D*** J**** and was taken into A&E Resuscitation, and subsequently Eastwood Stroke Ward.

With the above mitigating factors in mind I sincerely hope you are able to show compassion in this situation and deem it applicable to not enforce this particular parking fine.

BTW, as an addendum, the PCN notice states that the tax disc was obscured, I can assure you that this is NOT the case and that it is clearly and correctly displayed, so am unsure how it could be classed as obscured.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

simondjuk

• View Profile
Re: Car parking at Royal Hospital
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 05:07:51 PM »
I didnt think that layby was restricted parking.
Im a bomb technician.  If you see me running, try and keep up

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 05:13:20 PM »
Good look with the ticket.
AFAIK parking on grass verges is an offence in it's self.
As for the tax disk, ask for photo evidence, he should have took photo's.
They can't make statements like that without proof.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 08:33:52 PM »
First of all Alsatian I would like to say how sorry I am about your MIL and I hope she progresses well in recovering from the stroke.
Give your wife a hug from me as I know how she will be feeling.

Good luck with the parking ticking reversal,  I hope they show some compassion.
Calow hospital can be terrible for parking at times.
The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 08:51:55 PM »
My bad mate. Yours was the first post I commented on tonight after work.
I didn't think to offer my thoughts to your family.
I just saw the ticket thread. Sorry  :(
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 09:20:56 PM »
My bad mate. Yours was the first post I commented on tonight after work.
I didn't think to offer my thoughts to your family.
I just saw the ticket thread. Sorry  :(

Thanks Barry, no problem about earlier post, never crossed my mind  ;)

@OC, not wishing to sound cruel or heartless, but we all feel that it would be a blessing if she were not to survive this latest episode. She is paralysed down her right side and her face is distorted. She is totally unresponsive and the doctors have said that, if (and it's a big if) she survives she will be partially blind and have difficulty with speech.

She is 94 and has oedema in her legs, failed kidneys, poor heart function, plus other medical problems so the outlook for a reasonable quality of life is rather slim.

But thanks for your good wishes anyway.
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 09:45:15 PM »
If I may say this Keith, we saw Our_lasses Uncle suffer, and die through liver and kidney failure whilst in the Royal.
I'm not blaming the hospital. I hate the system, if your dog is poorly, you can save it pain. Have it terminated.
If this post causes too much bad feedback to members I will stand down as Admin and Mod.
Yes I felt really poorly yesterday and today, I also have a good friend with terminal cancer.
How's he felt today, probably worse than me recently. Does he get the option.

Sorry mate, I understand how you must be feeling  :(
At least you know I talk honest. That's as a friend, nothing to do with forums !

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 09:52:01 PM »
If I may say this Keith, we saw Our_lasses Uncle suffer, and die through liver and kidney failure whilst in the Royal.
I'm not blaming the hospital. I hate the system, if your dog is poorly, you can save it pain. Have it terminated.
If this post causes too much bad feedback to members I will stand down as Admin and Mod.
Yes I felt really poorly yesterday and today, I also have a good friend with terminal cancer.
How's he felt today, probably worse than me recently. Does he get the option.

Sorry mate, I understand how you must be feeling  :(
At least you know I talk honest. That's as a friend, nothing to do with forums !

Barry, they are my sentiments entirely, our dog was suffering and, even though it caused us pain, we had her put to sleep to stop her suffering. Why on earth we are prevented from doing similarly I cannot comprehend.

On a similar note my Mum now has pressure sores through being immobile and only able to either sit or lay (I'll leave you to guess where the sores ar($e) ) - she told me the other day that she is fed up of life and each night prays that she won't wake up in the morning.  :(

I've told Shirley to get a gun and shoot me if I get that way!

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 10:02:42 PM »
I've told Shirley to get a gun and shoot me if I get that way!

She can't. It's illegal. Kin stupid !

Pete

• View Profile
    • Peter Maycock - Chesterfield
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 11:30:13 PM »
:)
I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 09:52:04 AM »
I also understand what you are saying, Alsatian/Fly. Sometimes life is cruel and humans have to go through so much death can be a relief for everyone.
I can move on to the resuscitation of end of life people.
Having gone through a harrowing experience with my own father an end of life cancer patient, being first one at mums after she couldn't wake him up and what followed (even though he was obviously 'gone' ) we had to follow instructions from the emergency line until ambulance people arrived.

It was I thought abuse to his body, and should never have been done.

It left me and my brother with terrible 'flash backs' for months after.

When my time comes I don't want any resus!

I feel so much for your family Alsatian - sending Pammy hugs x

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 11:55:19 AM »
I also understand what you are saying, Alsatian/Fly. Sometimes life is cruel and humans have to go through so much death can be a relief for everyone.
I can move on to the resuscitation of end of life people.
Having gone through a harrowing experience with my own father an end of life cancer patient, being first one at mums after she couldn't wake him up and what followed (even though he was obviously 'gone' ) we had to follow instructions from the emergency line until ambulance people arrived.

It was I thought abuse to his body, and should never have been done.

It left me and my brother with terrible 'flash backs' for months after.

When my time comes I don't want any resus!

I feel so much for your family Alsatian - sending Pammy hugs x

Thanks Pam x

Gerty Gumdrop

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2014, 01:28:24 PM »
I'd like to add that my thoughts are also with you and your wife Alsatian.  I had similar problems with my own MIL and it was heartbreaking, not only to see her suffering but to hear her praying not to wake up.  I was relieved when it was all over for her because after all she'd been through she deserved her peace.

Good luck with the parking ticket appeal.

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2014, 11:52:04 AM »
OK, received a letter telling me that my appeal has been rejected and have to pay the fine.

However, they say that if I provide documentary evidence of the medical emergency I mentioned, they will gladly reconsider the case!! My Mother-in-law has now had all life support removed and is in the final stages and not expected to live beyond the end of the month at best - do they expect me to ask the doctor to give me a letter so I can escape a parking fine?

Heartless batsards.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2014, 12:22:15 PM »
Really sorry Alsatian the last thing you needed was this
I can understand your anger
Try and step back from it if you can x

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk