Author Topic: SCS Parking  (Read 2374 times)

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
SCS Parking
« on: May 06, 2016, 04:21:15 PM »
I've seen a post else where about the parking in the SCS parking spaces.
It appears this parking is 'separate' to the Ravenside and parking only  for people using the two shops in this area.
The person received a £60.00 fine.

I didn't realise this either and have on just one occasion parked here and nipped into one of the shops on the Ravenside.

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

bransoj

• View Profile
Re: SCS Parking
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 01:44:54 PM »
For what it's worth said fine probably isn't worth the paper it's written on and I'd recommend anyone getting one not to pay and read up on how to deal with it.

Fly

• Administrator
  • ' 2E0IFY '
    • View Profile
    • Taximania
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 06:48:56 PM »
This was the case a few years ago bransoj.
I've looked a few times for reliable info but can't find a definite answer as to whether or not it's advisable to pay or ignore.
Personally I'd ignore them still. If I ended up getting 'summoned' then fair play, my own fault.
Over 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 08:45:48 AM »
As you say its not so clear any more but from what i can gather you're still unlikely to get summoned for not paying. It does seem that contesting the fine is now far easier to do as well so at the end of the day actually paying the "fine" still shouldnt happen.

Old Cruser

• Global Moderator
  • I want wine
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 08:54:08 AM »
I'm not surprised the SCS gets the overspill from the Ravenside. Since it was first opened retail and eating places have been added. There just doesn't seem enough Parking space.

I did contact the owners of the land ( Ravenside ) and asked if they could extend the parking time as there isn't always enough time if you want several shops and a coffee - they wouldn't budge on that though.
I have had to move my car on one occasion and left daughter in the PC World as her purchase with the assistant was complicated.

The old lady with the wonky middle finger

Alsatian

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 09:43:00 AM »
Resurrecting an old thread, but there's an article in the Derbyshire Times that a driver allegedly left the site whilst parking at Ravenside and was subsequently fined £100.

The driver alleges that at no time did he leave the site, and indeed at the time the parking fine was issued (9:20am) he was shopping in Debenhams and had a receipt time stamped at 9:22am to prove this.

The parking company have refused to accept this as evidence and state that the fine still stands.

What evidence have they that this person did in fact leave the site? Are they using cctv cameras with facial recognition?

Chesterfield is already losing retail customers through car parking charges, and this sort of thing isn't helping the matter.

Link to full story here: https://www.derbyshiretimes.co.uk/news/people/chesterfield-couple-didn-t-leave-site-but-still-got-parking-fine-at-ravenside-retail-park-1-9952415
Fertility Is Hereditary, Chances Are If Your Parents Didn't Have Children Neither Will You

smithy266

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 10:19:21 AM »
the motorist who stopped for 20 seconds at a garage (I believe) and received a similar fine... There are some who think these 'fines' are invoices and can be ignored...

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2019, 04:31:16 PM »
All the more reason to use the bus I would have thought!

Once every 5 or 6 weeks we call there {usually Sunday's a.m.} and call in two or three shops browsing finishing in Debenhams. I have never really studied the "rules" for parking there, although I've never been offsite whilst parking there, after reading this I'm more loathed than ever to take my car, from now on it's the bus and walk down.

Anyway if you supposedly cannot leave the site...why is there provision {i.e. pedestrianised walkway} down the side of B&M bargains which allows you to get to the range?
I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

smithy266

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2019, 04:33:30 PM »
pedestrian walkway to get folks from the town in...

I think I may have parked there when I wanted to go into town, so I guess I got away wioth it!

bransoj

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2019, 01:49:53 PM »
All the more reason to use the bus I would have thought!
With the cost of buses its probably cheaper to drive and park!! I'm only at Brookside but it costs me £2 to get halfway down Brampton let alone what it would cost to get into town and back!!

Sorastro

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2019, 08:20:44 PM »
With the cost of buses its probably cheaper to drive and park!! I'm only at Brookside but it costs me £2 to get halfway down Brampton let alone what it would cost to get into town and back!!

That's the beauty of being a certain age bransoj it costs us nothing to ride the buses. We went to town last week and walked onto the retail park and I read the parking notices, we walked onto the site from the top entrance and there's a [large'ish] sign on the entrance telling motorists to study the parking rules.
 Motorists obviously get confused as wherever you go different parking places seem to have different rules and regulations, no wonder you get fined. I found that to my cost many moons ago now, during the early eighties we used to shop regularly at the Fine Fare in Sutton in Ashfield {now Asda} it was always free parking till they changed it to pay to park and I didn't realise till driving home with a boot full of shopping one day I noticed something flapping under the wiper, it was a parking ticket £30 I believe, I obviously paid it and wrote letters to Fine Fare's head office {and Sutton council} not that it did any good and we never shopped there again till many years later when it was Asda, then you paid a pound to park and got it back at the checkouts when you shopped.

I am not a pessimist, I just help them out when they're busy.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk